Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite iPhone case?
Quote | Reply
I've dropped my iPhone 8 too many times and the microphone is broken. I'm in the market for the Apple SE 2020. I want to learn from my mistake and get a case that will keep the phone safe from drops. I've been using the Apple silicone case.

Can you please recommend a good protective case?

Also is the Quadlock case good for accidental drops? Any similar products that are cheaper in price? It would be nice to mount the phone on the bike handlebars. I know there's many ways to achieve that.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite iPhone case? [trichris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you mention that. I had a 1 year old iPhone 8S that I kept in a silicon case and had a good glass protector, and kept the phone connected to my bike stem via a silicon mount so I could listen to music when on a dedicated bike path (never in traffic). I put almost 7000km on my bike with the 8S connected, and just last week my front facing camera started getting weird. It looked like waves rolling across the screen when I tried to use the front camera. The phone has never been wet so I am really sure that it wasn't water in the camera lense. My only guess is that even though the roads I ride on are really smooth, the phone wasn't designed to handle that much vibration. Also, the phone wasn't ever dropped.

I used this mount...

https://www.amazon.com/...tphone/dp/B071L6JCVZ

I insurance the old 8S and got a new one for about $130. Unless I need GPS, I don't think I'll be keeping my phone mounted on the stem quite as much in the future though.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Otterbox is really secure, had it in my previous SE but it larges the phone up by a good bit.
That’s the main reason to change to rhinoshield plus glassprotector on the 7. don’t like to pack iPad sizes on the run.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a quad lock for my original SE and it was good. I left the case on even when I wasn't riding but the original is a very small phone so it wasn't any bother. Never had a problem with dropping it and I do tend to drop stuff. I took it off during a hot part of the summer because I thought it might be getting too hot, dropped it and broke the screen. I can't imagine it's the absolute best for drop protection but it was good enough and together with the ease of putting it on the bike it was great.

It is quite expensive but once you have the mount then the next case, when you eventually replace the phone, won't be too bad.

Having said that if it's just music I put my phone in a safe pocket and use blue tooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had QuadLock cases for each of my last 3 iPhones. Many drops, zero breaks.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite iPhone case? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thank you for letting me know that! I've read mixed reviews about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite iPhone case? [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, thanks. I've got one of these...
Buckshot - small bluetooth speaker
https://www.outdoortechnology.com/...?variant=33755700430

It's good!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite iPhone case? [Slug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like a nice product. Thank you for the input!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for quad lock with a screen protector added. I also have their arm band mount for running and I have mounts on my spin bike at work and in my car.

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.mous.co/

That is all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my current iphone for 4ish years, goes on every run, ride, ect. It's been a Scooch case from day one and it's protected it from countless drops. It's much more trim and streamline than some of the other protective cases. When I get a new phone it will go into a Scooch as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite iPhone case? [Troy B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a great innovative looking product! 2 birds with 1 stone!
Quote Reply