Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [AwesomePossum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The top part of the 20 minute climb in The Hunted is amazing - the music is just right and bridging from Schleck to Gesink .. in my dreams. The second 20 min effort in HHNF is also great - Vos towing everyone is amazing then the HTC attack. I dont know who that HTC girl is but that is the face of racing.

BC
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [bc22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price goes up as of next Tuesday, so if you want to save a couple of bucks hit it up before then like me.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [tmeisky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ted,
After trying a whole bunch of RPE videos, I was pretty jaded with the idea of trying another. It was only after I saw your spreadsheet that I decided to try a Sufferfest video. I downloaded the whole bundle and did my first one (Angels) last night. Hoollleee Crap! Suffice it to say I now have my favorite trainer workout ... by far. Its like an erg video, but much cheaper and better. Thanks for not only putting in the effort to create the spreadsheet, but also for offering up your talents to the masses and creating an opportunity for all of us CT users to really dial in the pain. Fantastic. Well Done.

- Pete

Luckily my over eating disorder is offset by my over exercising disorder
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [iscorpchazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are missing the best one ... Hell Hath No Fury ... All Girls ... All the Time ...
AND they can effn HAMMER
How hot is that ???? :-0

And it's a pretty solid workout too !!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [AwesomePossum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year I got serious and went overboard. I bought ever video online I could find. All the Spinerval and Sufferfest among others from Europe. I have over 82 Gigs of video for my trainer time. I have yet to go through them all. If I watch a normal video and decide not to do an actual cycling video (many are so boring and are dated). I had several programs for my computer that would suggest various sprints, runs, intervals depending on what we programmed the event to be. Kind of fun as it randomly did sprints so it was fun with others on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [SuperMegaWatts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did it last night. 20 x 2 plus a 4 minute super threshold shot at the end. Brutal. loved it.

- Pete

Luckily my over eating disorder is offset by my over exercising disorder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iscorpchazz wrote:
Anyone use these movies to train indoors during the winter? Which ones have you used? Out of them, which is your favorite? Why?

i bought the full pack last year.....put together a playlist on the ipod that i listen to while training.....

and you just reminded me that they were lost when my pc crashed.....UGH

i like angels, btw....
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [GAscott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the new sufferfest video "There is No Try" was released today. "onlydo" coupon code gets you a 10% discount. Haven't done it yet, since it's still downloading.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [GAscott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just did "there is no try" and I gotta say it's really good. It takes the intervals of the downward spiral and turns it to a pyramid type program that is in sets of 4 of 15 sec, 30, 45, 1 min and 2 min.

Then it goes backwards at 4x1min and down. I don't put up that impressive numbers but I love the hd footage of tour de france, the music and the video game type feel they put in this video.

I have been getting their videos since downward spiral and the quality of the video just gets better and better. Definitely gonna be used a lot with my favorite "local hero".
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [elevario] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
downloading now. I love it with trainerroad
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [elevario] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I listened to the music while at work today. I wasn't too impressed. I'll have to try the workout, but I'm usually someone that loves the mixes that they do.

Also I heard that they were planning on releasing 2-3 over the winter. Any idea when the next one is scheduled?
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [AndrewM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Kiss kiss, bang bang . . . "

Did I miss it or did no one mention that LA gets dropped in The Hunted?

"There's a song in my head, and it's driving me crazy . . . "

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done "a very dark place" and one other in the past 5 days. I can say I am legit impressed. The films work motivation wise and I have never swear more on a trainer.

It simple and easy. Also easy to work your tail off with the way they instruct you. I say go buy them all. The best part is that the movies call you a "Sufferlandrian". I think it's hilarious so that alone makes me want to do these workouts every Monday and Wednesday nights.

Cheers

the suffer, the pain, the reward

R Wolansky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Local Hero. But I plan to change some road race scenes to bike leg from Ironman races of that dude named Sebastian K.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [AC-DC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just downloaded the full 11 films, they have a deal on right now if you buy them all. Saves you $30 I did my first one today "fight club" and they are named correctly.

I ordered a Garmin cadence and speed sensor and a ANT + usb stick and can't wait for them to arrive so I can check out TrainerRoad.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [zp295] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone else find that the Local Hero video doesn't quite sync right to trainerroad? towards the end i usually end up about 90 seconds off (video vs trainerroad resistance), which is really kinda screwy as those last intervals are about that long so i end up being opposite.

is it my computer? or does this happen to others? i really only notice it on the Local Hero video. Other sufferfests seem to sync up fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [Big-Pete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What percent of FTP do you guys come out with at the end of the 20' intervals on HHNF? Is there a particular percentage you should be shooting for?
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [andykronsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah I have this problem on HHNF and Local Hero. Kind of annoying
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [MaxKOTWT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've followed this spreadsheet: http://viewsoftheroad.com/...t-on-a-computrainer/ "ERG File Spreadsheet."

Enter your FTP and min/max percentages. I usually do max 120%, but if you are feeling really tough and hate yourself, give the 130-140% a shot. I'll just take the RPE 1-10 and corresponding wattages and put them on a sheet a paper to keep in view during the ride. Even if I don't hit the numbers perfectly, my legs tell me I'm trying.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great thanks. I actually had the 140% set up. Now I'm glad I know better. Do you use a computrainer? I'm just curious as I just have a power meter and therefore can't hit he numbers perfectly the entire time. So, after my first 20' interval, my avg watts were about 97% of FTP. Definitely pretty tough. But I guess I wasn't sure if that was normal or if I hadn't hit the watts correctly. I did adjust down a bit pretty early into the interval because using 140% would have easily put me over my FTP for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [MaxKOTWT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a regular trainer here. I don't necessarily live and die by those numbers, but it gives me a good reference to start and also the mindset to "increase 10 watts" or whatever when the sufferscale goes up or there's an "attack".

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HHNF is the first one that I have had serious issues with being able to stay with. My predicted FTP based on power during workouts definitely went up the one time I did make it, so it does seem like it's asking too much using a typical max %FTP. I might have to back off my usual 150% for that one--I must not try hard enough at RPE of 7-8 because my RPE of 10 is literally 150% of what I think my FTP is.

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [BBAddict] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've only got the wretched but
I think i'll buy another tonight.

Great video!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [santa777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have all 12 and some are great for road racing, some are great for TT but all are great for lots of hurting. I wish more had less intervals and more constant efforts though. I guess that's what Netflix is for.

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [BBAddict] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have all 12 also, and from a Triathlete's perspective, I find HHNF (classic 2x20), There is No Try, and Local Hero to be the most "useful." I tend to add Extra Shot- The long scream to all but HHNF. There are days when I'm just not up (literally lol, forced to ride at 4 am sometimes) for the sustained efforts and in on those days I do better with the short intervals found in most of the other vids. Oh, and I always run the videos in Trainer Road... the combination has literally saved racing for me. I used to hate the trainer... sheer boredom, but I had a less demanding job (32-40 hr week). I regularly work 100+ now so outdoor rides are precious so I rely almost totally on the mean green KK road machine, SF+ TR!
Quote Reply

Prev Next