Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fastest ever run split in an olympic distance tri? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Then I can finish my dissertation!

Actually I was thinking along the same lines with Yann Million. I think he is on the French all time list for 10k. We can get Francois to create some sort of algorithm to calc for Pro and AG'r... SHIT! But what if the athlete competed as a pro sixteen months prior?! Awwwww....
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ever run split in an olympic distance tri? [kevins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another thing to consider is that the run courses where guys have gone 29 probably were pancake flat, and huge squares. These runners almost definitely spent most of their time running in a straight line and very little time turning to slow them down.

To whoever said the fastest guys could only run about 32....my bet is that there are probably 100 Pro triathletes that can run a 32 off the bike on a legit course.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ever run split in an olympic distance tri? [Kuendig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well i should probably know for sure how fast some of these top triathletes can do a straight 10kms in in a few days.

i'll let you know. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ever run split in an olympic distance tri? [ajm44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In an article I read on Mottram he said his 10k time went up to 29mins on the triathlon training for Noosa last year. He noted how it scrubed that bit of extra speed off that top 10k runners have. I think he ran a 32min 10k leg at noosa.

I have heard the Benny Van Steelant might have run a sub 29min 10k. Unsure if this is true, but even if it is not he is one scarrily fast runner - looking foward to watch him and Tim Don striding it out at the Duathlon Worlds next month.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ever run split in an olympic distance tri? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
didn`t mark allen run a 31ish 10k chasing down pigg ( triathletemag july issue or june i think) on a fairly accurate course they said....non-drafting race then

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ever run split in an olympic distance tri? [joeym] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< didn`t mark allen run a 31ish 10k chasing down pigg ( triathletemag july issue or june i think) on a fairly accurate course they said....non-drafting race then

I've got those results somewhere, just can't seem to find them right now, but at Hilton head, 1988 I believe, Mark Allen ran a 30:58 to chase down Mike Pigg.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ever run split in an olympic distance tri? [d.w.weston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strictly for accuracy sake, the number of times Mottram has run under 13 is 2 (which is indeed anumber), and quite a few people have fast PRs.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply

Prev Next