Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fastest Wheels
Quote | Reply
I am currently riding on Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheels. They have been great for training. I was wondering how they compare to other wheels for performance in olympic distance Triathalons. I race in the Mid-West so the courses are flat to rolling hills. Are these wheels right up there in performance for racing or are thre other wheel sets that would be worth considering for racing? Thanks,Norm
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Wheels [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's a "Triathalon?"

Your wheels are light and strong, but for flat to rolling courses you would gain an advantage with more aerodynamic (read: deeper) rims. Some good choices would be Hed 3 or Jet/Deep, Zipp 404, Nimble Crosswind, or Corima 4-spoke. I still race on Spinergy Rev-X wheels so I have no interest in recommending any of the above manufacturers.

-David in Taipei
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Wheels [itchyghost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastest wheels are the Zipp 909...tested and proven

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Wheels [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is no one "fastest wheel." for my money, the hed3 front and zipp disc rear combo is pretty fast. if you can handle the extra weight of the hed3, it's slightly more aero than the 404 front zipp wheel. it is such an individual thing, depending on a rider's strengths, weight, etc. to say a wheel is "the fastest" is hard to do. if a wheel was the fastest, you can bet there would be 189 riders using it in the tour, regardless of sponsor, as they could simply paint over the decals, or get new ones.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Wheels [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a HED H3 front and a Renn Disc back. This is a great and fast wheelset. And the price is very reasonable (compared to Zipps).

On downhills and flats I regulary pass many riders with this wheelset. And I see no disadvantages in uphills. Of course it would be a little easier to climb with light wheels like Zipp 303, Nimble Fly, ..
But the advantages on the flats and downhills are great.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Wheels [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I regulary pass many riders with this wheelset

=====================================
For one who has no objective, nothing is relevant. (Confucius)
=====================================
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Wheels [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say this is a pretty fast combo: Corima disc rear, HED3 front
Quote Reply