Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fastest AG Ironman times
Quote | Reply
I couldn't help but notice a female AG'er at Ironman Copenhagen went 9:00:00

Is that the fastest time ever recorded by an AG female? Has an AG male ever gone sub-8hrs?
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest AG Ironman times [sfjab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked through the races known for being fast over at obstri.com. I ignored IM Texas 2018 (which had age groupers go 8:17 for the men and 9:00 for the women) given the short bike

There were multiple races where age group male winners went in the 8:30’s. I could only find two cases where the top AG male went sub-8:30. I can’t speak of course accuracy of either race
- Barcelona 2017: Egor Vinografov 8:22
- Copenhagen 2018: Ed Baker 8:27

Granted I only looked through Texas, Arizona, Florida, Austria, Western Australia, Frankfurt, Brazil, Switzerland, and Barcelona. The guy who runs the site could probably easily run through data of all the races he has on there. Of note, he only has IM brand races and the results only go back so far.

Matt
Last edited by: Pun_Times: Aug 21, 18 13:55
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest AG Ironman times [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Good call to check out that website... just made me wonder if any amateur women had ever gone sub-9hrs? A female AG'er went 9:00:49 at IM Texas but that race has its own story.

On the men's side, sub-8hrs is a higher bar so no results I can think of are all that close. Sami Inkinen went 8:24 in Sweden in 2012 --> one of the fastest amateur results I could recall, off the top of my head.

Total random aside but Sami and Ed Baker are coached by Matt Dixon of Purple Patch.
Quote Reply