Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Faris' comment on Armstrong
Quote | Reply
  http://www.firstoffthebike.com/...eeping-it-old-school

"On the other hand he has been a pro-cyclist for 20 years and we all know what he carries in his backpack with him, so I’m not so happy about that."

Discuss.

Quote Reply
Re: Faris' comment on Armstrong [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Backback? I thought it was a suitcase of courage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fact of the matter is no one outside of a very very tiny pool of people know who the hell faris is. An old ex-cyclist like Lance coming into triathlon, and doing well is really IMO exposing a lot of fragile egos that are used to being big fish in a tiny pond.
If anything I think the arrival of lance will push some people to up their game and others to leave it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what does he mean by that?

EDIT: just watched the video version, he makes it pretty clear what he means.

REEDIT: actually it's not clear at all if he is making an accusation.
Last edited by: cyclops: Mar 8, 12 20:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know that the reply was meant to be nefarious. He may have simply been implying that Armstrong had a of of baggage due to all the accusations of doping in the past. I don't sense that Al Sultan was judging him one way or the other.

Jim
Quote Reply
Re: Faris' comment on Armstrong [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sdmike wrote:

Ha, ha.

Maybe even carrying that "mask of pain."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but you missed the most important question about the speedos!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:

"On the other hand he has been a pro-cyclist for 20 years and we all know what he carries in his backpack with him, so I’m not so happy about that."

Discuss.

I wish I could get my hands on that backpack. I bet he has a cape, mask, and utility belt.
Quote Reply
Re: Faris' comment on Armstrong [Commando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Commando wrote:
NAB777 wrote:

Discuss.

I wish I could get my hands on that backpack. I bet he has a cape, mask, and utility belt.

LOL!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will give the support to the guy with the backpack over the guy with the banana hammock.

Faris - Shut the FCUK UP.
Quote Reply
Re: Faris' comment on Armstrong [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Banana hammock is more aero than a camelback.

Don't forget that.

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: Faris' comment on Armstrong [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Faris does not have the WATTS to back up his dumb comment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Therefore, he doesn't add additional drag with a backpack.

As we all know, if you don't have the watts, get more aero. :)

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well we know that the guy with the pack is also more aero and does not have some crazy banana hanging off the back of he saddle while riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Faris' comment on Armstrong [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclops wrote:
what does he mean by that?

EDIT: just watched the video version, he makes it pretty clear what he means.

REEDIT: actually it's not clear at all if he is making an accusation.

Back in the bad old days pro cyclists would keep their EPO in a thermos in their backpack. EPO needs to be kept refrigerated, so they would keep it close by both for security and so they could refill the ice in the thermos.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Faris' comment on Armstrong [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sdmike wrote:

Cool
Last edited by: matto: Mar 8, 12 21:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:

Discuss.

Very interesting. thanks for posting. have been reading all the feedback from the tri pros. Can't blame some of them for being a bit upset about this. From a media view point LA doing triathlon is both good and bad. Mindyou I think triathlon becoming a bigger sport is overall advantageous. There will always be new races to enter which offer good value I reckon. And some of the well established races are still open to everyone like Roth which is pretty awesome. I would say Kona is getting out of reach though as you need to spend a lot of time training to get there (and time off work costs). Well dedication could get some there who don't have the funds.

G.

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Quote Reply
Re: Faris' comment on Armstrong [rickn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fact of the matter is no one outside of a very very tiny pool of people know who the hell faris is.

What does that have to do with anything? Can only famous people make comments about Lance?

An old ex-cyclist like Lance coming into triathlon, and doing well is really IMO exposing a lot of fragile egos that are used to being big fish in a tiny pond.

You're kidding, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree.

He has a history of stupid comments. I lost any respect for him at all when he came out with the Macca comments back in 2006 and attacked him without foundation.

For goodness sakes he even had to get his Mum to defend him as he couldn't face the heat when Macca turned the tables on him. Whining moaner who will win nothing of note again, as he's simply not good enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Farris...
Leave Lance Alone!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think there was maybe a bit of mind fuck going in the question? Subtly loading it so he'd be encouraged to comment on his potential doping?

"At the Abu Dhabi press conference, there was a little bit of talk about Lance Armstrong coming back into the fold and that’s given an injection of excitement into the sport. Do you see his involvement as a positive thing?"

Either way I think I will be interesting to see Chris Lieto and Lance battle it out in Kona, either one will want to get the fastest bike split/first out on the run. I'd be cheering for Lieto
Quote Reply
Re: Faris' comment on Armstrong [rj2501] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only way Lieto could put in a faster bike split is if Lance allows him to, saving himself for the run.

I've no doubts whatsoever who has more chance of a better placing and it isn't Lieto. He can't run and I don't get why each year people think he's suddenly going to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Faris who ???? ...is that someone I've forgotten?
LA would be more interesting at a triathlon if he placed dead last to the age groupers ...LA has no need to win anything ...he has made his mark already with TDF.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Livetotri wrote:
Banana hammock is more aero than a camelback.

Don't forget that.
Yes but a camelback when filled with ice water the camelback Has cooling properties which will help more.

Quote | Reply
it seems as though Lance is the Barry Bonds or the Mark McGuire of cycling/triathlon. You can argue about the drug tests all you want, but Mark and Barry's records still stand, as does Lance's records. In my opinion however, if you look at what Lance did as a teen against Pig and Allan was it, he proved he was at a different level with or without drugs. Can Lance win an Ironman? Well, we will find out and that will be good for the fans of the sport regardless. Good for Slowtwitch post addicts at least.
Quote Reply

Prev Next