Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fall on Ice: ITB or something else??
Quote | Reply
9 days ago I fell hard on my right side of my hip after slipping on ice. I'm 43 years old. I was able to brush it off and continue my run. I've been able to run everyday last week but something was just off. I did a long run on Sunday and now my side of my knee is bothering me. Did I do some damage high up on the IT band of the hip and it's affecting the outside of my knee? I'm assuming I didn't fracture anything or else I would be in more pain. I just annoying because it makes it hard to walk and obviously I stopped running yesterday. Overall, my mechanics seem off from the hip to the knee.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall on Ice: ITB or something else?? [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a very similar ice fall 6 weeks ago. I suspected the same IT band. My pain was primarily outside knee, but also shot into upper left calf and hip. I wasn't able to finish my run (hobbled 4k home). The next two weeks were really bad (difficulty sleeping, regular NSAD usage). The next two I started to add mileage back in. Now I think I'm finally ready to regain my training at my previous weekly mileage.

If it's anything like mine, just swapping in some extra biking, and adding some extra intensity as the pain subsides in the coming weeks actually might not affect fitness too badly.

It's really frustrating, but at least we're lucky to do a three-pronged sport!