Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Falcon Disk Wheels
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know anything about these wheels? Sub-700 gram disks bring the Accel 2 model in far lighter than Zipp disks. Even their lower-end Trialist version is within 80 grams of the Zipp 900.

I believe I remember Peter Reid riding one at IMC a couple of years ago, but I have seen very few out at the races. Aside from the ugly color, why are these wheels not more commonly ridden in triathlon, and not reviewed in magazines and on Slowtwitch? I could not find any pricing, but I have a hard time believing these wheels are more costly than much heavier but more popular disks by Zipp, Corima, and Hed.

http://falconsports.com/velo/
Quote Reply
Re: Falcon Disk Wheels [sullytriman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Falcon is a good disc, but it's not 700g. That's the weight without the hub (they'll tell you this if you call them). They think everyone weighs their wheels this way, and were a little shocked that others don't.
It's probably 950g+.
The ugly color is called Kevlar, and the tensioned kevlar gives it a good ride, and I think it's probably slightly faster than a Zipp, primarily because of the lenticular profile.
Quote Reply
Re: Falcon Disk Wheels [morty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting on the exclusion of the hub from the reported weight. Thanks for the apples-to-apples comparison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do a search on Can you beat my disc wheel tri-spoke combo? and you will find some info on the Falcon Disc wheel.

If you find out the true weight and price for a 650 tub can you E-mail me?

Cheers AndyA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems the triathlon world doesn't pay much attention to "specialty" wheels from manufacturers other then Hed, Zipp, and Corima. Dunno why. Fir, Campy, Accel, and a whole host of others make some nice discs and aero wheels.
Quote Reply