Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fabric tri saddle
Quote | Reply
Hi all!

A couple weeks ago I bought a fabric tri saddle. Lowest version but it was on a felon level sale (got it new for $12 at the lbs used bike sale). So far so good. I’ve had a couple hundred miles in it, and haven’t had the chance to go more than 25 in one sitting but my saddle is the last thing from my mind. In fact I forget about it until I realize I’ve been in the aero a while and it’s still nice. So if you’re looking that way at something cheap it’s good stuff.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric tri saddle [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riding one too and really like it... had a fit recently and I'm pretty sure the fitter "wanted" to sell me a new saddle. He broke out the saddle pressure point tester and had me ride a handful of ones he had... The Fabric was the hands down winner but of course what works for me in a saddle may not work for someone else. Big fan on the nose that hooks on the transition racks and the rear bottle cage holder and its comfortable... did 60 miles the other day, zero issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric tri saddle [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any advice on what bottle cage to put on the back? I'm looking for something that can hold 2 bottles if possible, but don't even know if those exist. Seems a shame - the design of the integrated bottle mount is very cool, but AFAIK it can only take one bottle?
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric tri saddle [SpiderJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpiderJ wrote:
Any advice on what bottle cage to put on the back? I'm looking for something that can hold 2 bottles if possible, but don't even know if those exist. Seems a shame - the design of the integrated bottle mount is very cool, but AFAIK it can only take one bottle?
I use a Gorilla XT cage to help with bottle ejections and not sure about putting two back there... I imagine there might be something that would adapt to two water mounts... but not sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a cheap adapter off Ebay, just a simple strip of metal with a set of mounts either side of the standard ones, about £5.
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric tri saddle [JaRok2300] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - something like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008AVIERM

Works ok?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, that's the kind of thing. I had to put a couple of washers under the central holes to space it away from the standard mount slightly due to the rounded shape but apart from that dead easy.
I think the most important thing is to use cages with a good grip or secure the bottles some how. I use one for a spares canister so tied it in with an old piece of inner tube. XLAB Gorilla seem to be the preferred choice but they're quite expensive
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric tri saddle [JaRok2300] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JaRok2300 wrote:
Yes, that's the kind of thing. I had to put a couple of washers under the central holes to space it away from the standard mount slightly due to the rounded shape but apart from that dead easy.
I think the most important thing is to use cages with a good grip or secure the bottles some how. I use one for a spares canister so tied it in with an old piece of inner tube. XLAB Gorilla seem to be the preferred choice but they're quite expensive

Great advice - thanks!
Quote Reply