Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FSA Powerbox Updated
Quote | Reply
Was perusing the FSA website today when I stumbled across updated Powerbox cranksets.

Interesting to all prospective users:
- List price $648.99 for alloy, $1189.99 for carbon.
-Bluetooth is now standard instead of a $50 OTA upgrade.
-Extra cost OTA upgrades still available for torque, L/R balance, and pedaling dynamics.
-All-black finish. No raw/clear-coated machined alloy relief detailing on the chainrings.
-Appears to still be a Power2max NG derivative.

Interesting to triathletes:
-Optional (extra cost) 55T and 54T big rings plus a 42T small ring will be available for both carbon and alloy.
-Unfortunately, 170mm is still the shortest option for the and alloy set and 165mm for the carbon set.

Interesting to CXers:
-Optional (extra cost) 46T big chainring that can be paired with the 36T small ring.

Most Interesting thing, primarily for Gravelistas and Tourers:
-New "supercompact" versions (both alloy and carbon) with 120/90 BCD spider, and your choice of 48/32 or 46/30 rings!
-Same prices as the "standard" versions.
-170, 172.5, and 175mm crank arms, only (both alloy and carbon).

https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/...ts?product_type=1926

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Apr 10, 19 10:19
Quote Reply
Re: FSA Powerbox Updated [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a power2max NGeco FSA K-Force BB386EVO and it looks the same as the FSA Powerbox carbon.

It is nearly 9 ounces lighter than my first gen P2Max FSA gossamer
Quote Reply
Re: FSA Powerbox Updated [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At $648.99, looks like a pretty sweet power meter to fill in the gap where Powertap C1 went (which is actually based on FSA rings).

Quote Reply
Re: FSA Powerbox Updated [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used one for a bit last year when waiting on Garmin Pedals. Was very impressed with it, just couldn't justify buying multiple units to have power on every bike, when I could buy one set of pedals.

If you are interested in getting one, drop me a PM and can help you out.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply