Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FPRO DQ'd at Saint George. Anyone know why?
Quote | Reply
Ewa Bugdol's time would have put her in 9th, but she was DQ'd. Anyone know what happened?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: FPRO DQ'd at Saint George. Anyone know why? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there was a post earlier that stated several lead females inadvertently cut the course- maybe she was part of that?

Quote Reply
Re: FPRO DQ'd at Saint George. Anyone know why? [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot find that thread.... could you link it? Accidentally cutting that course would be awfully hard to do, though she does have one missed timing mat on the run. There is only one DQ, so I don't know how several could have cut the course.

Edit - and that timing mat she missed was a couple hundred meters from one of the out and back turnarounds.... so it is a place that one *could* cut the course. But I think it would be impossible to do it accidentally.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: May 7, 18 11:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that was in reference to Busso 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right - my mistake- wrong race

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you might have been right anyway.... during the time period of her missed mat, she would have had to run at 5:32 pace, which is dramatically faster than the 7:xx miles she had been running....

Edit - the weird thing is that the obvious place to screw up on that course - missing the left hand turn to go to the first out and back and instead just continuing straight to the second out and back (which was very well marked with a continuous line of cones spaced like 12 inches apart, she would have had to average 8:53 in that section to make the splits work.... and then speed back up by a ton just after passing the mat. So that's probably not what happened.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: May 7, 18 11:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to miss the timing mats on the run, but the first timing mat at or about mile 4 on the bike is off to the side, she may have blown past that?
Quote Reply
Re: FPRO DQ'd at Saint George. Anyone know why? [jchriss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, the only timing mat she missed was mile 5.5 of the run. Just before the first turnaround.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When we started going down the small hill before the first "out/ turn around" I will admit it seemed kind of confusing for me. Mainly because at the time there was no one in front of me, I had fell off the pace and was solo and the orange arrows pointed up towards the sidewalk but to me was not marked very clear. I knew you had already passed me and had not seen you again so knew I had to keep going down to not cut the course but it wasn't for you I might have second guessed where I needed to go..
Quote Reply
Re: FPRO DQ'd at Saint George. Anyone know why? [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember that spot. Maybe that confused her too.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the end if she cut it....its is her fault. I would say especially as a pro, she should know the course like the back of her hand. that's your job lol who knows tho!
Quote Reply