Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
FAVERO Assioma Duo - Out of Stock
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has been asked but is there any idea when these will be back in stock? They have been saying they have been 50-60 days out on the website for the past two months so not really sure of the situation. Ideally I want to transition to doing power based training by Christmas Time in my build u to the 2021 race season but the sooner the better in my eye. Other retailers have them going for 900+ and wasnt sure how upcharged that was and if it would be worth it or not
Quote Reply
Re: FAVERO Assioma Duo - Out of Stock [SnowChicken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are Italian, so they have the double whammy of being a great product and from a country particularly hard hit by CV lockdown.
Quote Reply
Re: FAVERO Assioma Duo - Out of Stock [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, fully get the reason for the delay. Was just wondering if anyone had any info on the status of returning to stock or if other retailers were that much worse of a price range
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IIRC, the common retail price was $650 at Clever Training before COVID. So, $900 seems like a bit of a gouge. However, that is the normal price for Vector and PowerTap pedals. I would buy the Assioma pedals at $900 before I would buy the other two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m on the waitlist for the uno. From what I read these are the easiest for multiple bikes
Quote Reply
Re: FAVERO Assioma Duo - Out of Stock [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah 650 is much more reasonable and want these vs other power meters. will probably hold out a few months and see what happens. signed up for the wait-list so hopefully its not too long
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put myself on the wait list in May, ordered in early June, arrived in late June.
Quote Reply
Re: FAVERO Assioma Duo - Out of Stock [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
I’m on the waitlist for the uno. From what I read these are the easiest for multiple bikes

No difference between Duo and Uno for multiple bikes. You still have to swap both pedals. Tbh, I'd always go for both sided
Quote Reply
Re: FAVERO Assioma Duo - Out of Stock [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ive heard that dual sided is better but can you expand more as to the why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Single sided power meters assume that you always have the exact same left-right balance, regardless of fatigue and intensity. This isn't really a great assumption, it can change, and then when it does, the power inaccuracy is double the change in % balance because it doubles the power measured, which quickly can make it useless
Quote Reply
Re: FAVERO Assioma Duo - Out of Stock [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Single sided power meters assume that you always have the exact same left-right balance, regardless of fatigue and intensity. This isn't really a great assumption, it can change, and then when it does, the power inaccuracy is double the change in % balance because it doubles the power measured, which quickly can make it useless

My n=1 experience with the Uno is that it extremely accurate.

I do a regular weekly 1hr ride route, weekly 2 hr ride route, and a weekly commute route, and the overall ride AP & NP power is often identical on similar efforts down to the watt. For sure, not even a single ride where I've been 'that's weird - 10 watts higher/lower?' If I +10 AP/NP, I've put up a much more significant effort so I expect it. Same with all the climbs/strava KOM routes.

I suspect the duo would be more accurate for short burst intervals, but for the long typical triathlete rides or longer intervals, the uno seems rock solid.

I was going to upgrade to the duo if needed, but seriously, I have absolutely zero reason to do so. There is no way I'm seeing variances in the range of those folks who theoretically claim it's off for longer intervals or overall ride data.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SnowChicken wrote:

Yeah, sure. For me for example my left/right power is not 50%/50%. Sometimes it's 45/55. When doing intervals with let's say 300W, power could be off by 15W in this case. That's quite a lot. Especially considering power distribution is not always the same. Sometimes I do have 50/50 or 52/48. In this case I'd wonder why my intervals feel harder or easier today and I'd be right because I could be 20W higher or lower than last time. And since you don't know distribution with a single sided pedal you will left wondering if you're having a good/bad day or your distribution was just different today.

Especially Assioma are a great offer, sometimes there's even a discount. I'd get the duo, no question
Quote Reply
Re: FAVERO Assioma Duo - Out of Stock [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
imswimmer328 wrote:

My n=1 experience with the Uno is that it extremely accurate.

I do a regular weekly 1hr ride route, weekly 2 hr ride route, and a weekly commute route, and the overall ride AP & NP power is often identical on similar efforts down to the watt. For sure, not even a single ride where I've been 'that's weird - 10 watts higher/lower?' If I +10 AP/NP, I've put up a much more significant effort so I expect it. Same with all the climbs/strava KOM routes.

I suspect the duo would be more accurate for short burst intervals, but for the long typical triathlete rides or longer intervals, the uno seems rock solid.

I was going to upgrade to the duo if needed, but seriously, I have absolutely zero reason to do so. There is no way I'm seeing variances in the range of those folks who theoretically claim it's off for longer intervals or overall ride data.

I don't really understand the point with AP and NP. This has nothing to do with accuracy. Your variance could be 1 (AP and NP is the same) and a one sided pedal could still be off when your left/right distribution is 44%/56%. 6% difference in power is quite noticeable. You'll never know though with the uno.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And it literally doesn't matter that I don't know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
And it literally doesn't matter that I don't know!

Definitely possible. Just saying here in Europe for example it's 445€ vs 695€ and for me it's 100% worth the extra cost. Got my duos for 550€ though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"when your left/right distribution is 44%/56%. 6% difference in power is quite noticeable."
the reason this is so is that for this example if your total power (right +left) =100 w the numerical difference is actually 12 watts you are pushing 44 on one side vs 56 on the other. The absolute numerical difference becomes more pronounced at 200 w where the difference left to right is now 24 watts. So though you can bias the left side to give a closer estimate of total power if you were only doubling the above example at 200w where left was 88w then the meter would read 166w and not 200w and that is 83% or low by 17%. So the math gets weird, if you assume only a 6% left side low bias, so you take 88*1.06*2 you are still low at 186.6w not 200w. In my mind this explains why in the long run it is better to have dual sided vs left side only.

From my experience a constant bias does not happen, it swaps back and forth depending upon a bunch of things.

This is not a huge thing if precision is good then from day to day the watts you read are reproducible, however the accuracy is in question. Though accuracy would be a nice thing to have precision is the more important factor for training because it make it easier to seeing changes in your fitness. In a perfect world you have both accuracy and precision. I am not aware of a method of determining the accuracy of a power meter. To the best of my knowledge there is not a reference standard to use to evaluate a bicycle power meter for accuracy. But this a whole other discussion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:
SnowChicken wrote:

Yeah, sure. For me for example my left/right power is not 50%/50%. Sometimes it's 45/55. When doing intervals with let's say 300W, power could be off by 15W in this case. That's quite a lot. Especially considering power distribution is not always the same. Sometimes I do have 50/50 or 52/48. In this case I'd wonder why my intervals feel harder or easier today and I'd be right because I could be 20W higher or lower than last time. And since you don't know distribution with a single sided pedal you will left wondering if you're having a good/bad day or your distribution was just different today.

Especially Assioma are a great offer, sometimes there's even a discount. I'd get the duo, no question

Not even once have i had a day where I looked at long interval power or overall power (AP or NP) and thought - wow that's weird - 5 watts higher/lower for the same effort (or more). It's literally that precise for me - down to the friggin watt (annoyingly, sometimes - wish it would go up faster!)

The days on my long ride where I get a rabbit to chase and end up riding race pace for a long stretch, yup, that shows up in the average, like +5 or even +7 to the overall power results. And when I'm feeling tired due to training load, yep, that shows up.

Bottom line, at least for me the unos don't reflect any of the wackiness that people keep throwing up on this forum, like intervals suddenly coming in +10 watts or lower.

20watt differential unexpected results is so out reality for me that it's a joke - I would have a hard time even believing a 5 watt errant differential based on my intervals at FTP where I can absolutely feel that 5 watts difference, and for sure, there's no variance bigger than that even with a uno.

I would 100% recommend getting the uno as a triathlete and being 100% fine with it resultwise - the uno itself is more precise and accurate (as assessed from my FTP+ interval work efforts) than any other measuring device I have for tri - GPS, Scosche HRM, Wahoo Kickr PM - so I'd recommend it without hesitation. This is from real-world use as a triathlete (not crit racer.)

I do have some money to burn, and when they are back in stock, I'm actually not planning to upgrade to the duo, but to get a second uno for my other bike (I currently swap).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
cmart wrote:
SnowChicken wrote:

Not even once have i had a day where I looked at long interval power or overall power (AP or NP) and thought - wow that's weird - 5 watts higher/lower for the same effort (or more). It's literally that precise for me - down to the friggin watt (annoyingly, sometimes - wish it would go up faster!)

The days on my long ride where I get a rabbit to chase and end up riding race pace for a long stretch, yup, that shows up in the average, like +5 or even +7 to the overall power results. And when I'm feeling tired due to training load, yep, that shows up.

Bottom line, at least for me the unos don't reflect any of the wackiness that people keep throwing up on this forum, like intervals suddenly coming in +10 watts or lower.

20watt differential unexpected results is so out reality for me that it's a joke - I would have a hard time even believing a 5 watt errant differential based on my intervals at FTP where I can absolutely feel that 5 watts difference, and for sure, there's no variance bigger than that even with a uno.

I would 100% recommend getting the uno as a triathlete and being 100% fine with it resultwise - the uno itself is more precise and accurate (as assessed from my FTP+ interval work efforts) than any other measuring device I have for tri - GPS, Scosche HRM, Wahoo Kickr PM - so I'd recommend it without hesitation. This is from real-world use as a triathlete (not crit racer.)

I do have some money to burn, and when they are back in stock, I'm actually not planning to upgrade to the duo, but to get a second uno for my other bike (I currently swap).

I ride dual sided power pedals on my road and tri bikes, and a single sided pedal power meter on my commuter. Honestly, the difference in results is tiny on roads where I regularly ride both power meters. You are talking a few watts at most. Maybe 1 or 2 points difference in TSS on a long ride. If I had the choice I would buy 2 sided power meter, but if I was struggling for cash there is nothing wrong with 1 sided in my experience, and its a lot better single sided power that using a heart rate monitor for training - if that is the alternative. Maybe if I was a pro and used my training stats for more in depth analysis I would change my mind, but I am an age grouper, track basic stats so its just not a problem!

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With power pedals, single sided is plenty accurate and repeatable. Is you have a physical ailment of handicap then maybe a dual pedal might be better for you....maybe. Remember it repeatability / consistency that matters. Not the absolute number.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:
CP78 wrote:

No difference between Duo and Uno for multiple bikes. You still have to swap both pedals. Tbh, I'd always go for both sided

I was referring to these being easier to switch than other power meter pedals.

Question through, you still have to switch the right pedal on the uno? Why, I thought the left one was only active? I was going to have the same right pedal on both bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
cmart wrote:
CP78 wrote:

Question through, you still have to switch the right pedal on the uno? Why, I thought the left one was only active? I was going to have the same right pedal on both bikes.

I don't have the uno but I'd assume you still get two pedals. One has a powermeter and the other doesn't but same look, same weight, same feel and so on. So in order to ride with the same pedal left and right you'd have to swap both
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on the waiting list and was waiting to purchase a set for both me and my wife. Checked on Amazon and saw they were available and bought one pair because the cost was about $100 or more than on the Favero website. They are currently available for $850 on Amazon for the Duo's if you want them now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:
CP78 wrote:
cmart wrote:
CP78 wrote:

I don't have the uno but I'd assume you still get two pedals. One has a powermeter and the other doesn't but same look, same weight, same feel and so on. So in order to ride with the same pedal left and right you'd have to swap both

Just looked it up, they sell the right one without sensor for $97. I might do this just to not have to switch 2 every time.

https://cycling.favero.com/...thout-sensor-assioma
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
cmart wrote:
CP78 wrote:

The uno comes with one power pedal and one 'normal' pedal just for symmetry.

I am seriously considering just buying a 2nd 'normal' pedal so I can just swap one (instead of both) Uno pedals between my 2 bikes, but honestly, I have enough money now that I can just wait to get a 2nd uno.

Thanks above to the poster validating between actual real-world use of single vs duo. It proves what I've been saying all along for quite a few posts in the past - with lots of 'theoretical' disagreement including some pretty crazy 'what-if' scenarios, but from actual-real world use, those bizarro scenarios absolutely don't come into play.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
CP78 wrote:
cmart wrote:
CP78 wrote:

The uno comes with one power pedal and one 'normal' pedal just for symmetry.

I am seriously considering just buying a 2nd 'normal' pedal so I can just swap one (instead of both) Uno pedals between my 2 bikes, but honestly, I have enough money now that I can just wait to get a 2nd uno.

Thanks above to the poster validating between actual real-world use of single vs duo. It proves what I've been saying all along for quite a few posts in the past - with lots of 'theoretical' disagreement including some pretty crazy 'what-if' scenarios, but from actual-real world use, those bizarro scenarios absolutely don't come into play.

I'm in the same boat as you. PITA switching pedals (waaaaa first world problems) and I'm just telling myself to go ahead and get another set

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply

Prev Next