Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving
Quote | Reply
Hi All - I'm setting up a non profit charity / page for the Corona fight.

It started with a Strava group. Pls join.. https://www.strava.com/clubs/FuckCorona

We have nearly 2k runners join in just 12 hrs. We have the potential to do some good here.

Idea is to keep people healthy, active and able to fight it, should they get it. Keep moving and get fit.

Next step is T- Shirts with the slogan - all profits go to local charities from the buyers.

All support appreciated! I have a designer and a producer on the case already. If you can help pls let me know.... luke.levine@gmail.com.

Best.
Quote Reply
Re: F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving [lukeis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we get a bike one going? Just had labrum surgery <2 weeks ago so I have another 6-8 weeks until I can start running.
Quote Reply
Re: F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be all encompassing, just get moving!

I can set Triathlon in Strava maybe. Point taken.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Train HARDER!!!
Quote Reply
Re: F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great slogan though :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.swimmingscience.net/...-system-in-swimmers/

According to this study: hard training = weakened immune system
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you worried about training hard and getting sick as a result?

I’ve been toying a treating the next couple weeks as endurance weeks, to not put myself in hole where I get sick

Cool group anyways tho!
Quote Reply
Re: F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
Can we get a bike one going? Just had labrum surgery <2 weeks ago so I have another 6-8 weeks until I can start running.

cycling only indoor
running outdoor is allowed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m starting to get really stressed that outdoor activities may be banned, even in the US. Italy currently only allows citizens outside for gas/food/pharmacy and forces them to have a written form declaring exactly what they’re outside for. Could this happen in more countries and the US?
Quote Reply
Re: F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving [Nick2413] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spain too apparently. Will be a nightmare if that becomes the standard. Hill repeats up the stairs anyone? Awful situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why waste money on a treadmill.....

https://twitter.com/...562512666349572?s=21

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lukeis wrote:
Spain too apparently. Will be a nightmare if that becomes the standard. Hill repeats up the stairs anyone? Awful situation.
Treadmill trainerroad and endless pool. Maybe lionel sanders really was ahead of the curve after all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Spain. The police here are already fining people for running or riding outdoors. Totally banned for next 15 days. Same in Italy. I think France too.
Quote Reply
Re: F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously the 15 days is just so they can re-evaluate, but is there any chance at all any restrictions would be reduced in 15 days even if things improve? Curious what people think the likely lockdown duration will be for, even though there’s no way of knowing yet. Could this go on until Winter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick2413 wrote:
I’m starting to get really stressed that outdoor activities may be banned, even in the US. Italy currently only allows citizens outside for gas/food/pharmacy and forces them to have a written form declaring exactly what they’re outside for. Could this happen in more countries and the US?

Would police actually enforce such a ban? Police in the U.S. routinely watch hundreds of motor vehicles that are breaking the speed limit go by without chasing them down and giving them a ticket. I'm all for the social distancing restrictions in Ohio so far, which are some of the most strict in the U.S., but I can't imagine a police officer in my suburban community ticketing me for running solo on the multiuse paths and through the fields and trails in my neighborhood. They would have to catch me first. :) I can imagine a possibility that local and state parks may be closed and you would be at a greater risk of get ticketed.
Quote Reply
Re: F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They would use the National Guard to help. Already activated them in Florida but I don't know why. Haven't seen them. Everything is still open here. Ran 15 miles this morning then went out for lunch.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick2413 wrote:
Obviously the 15 days is just so they can re-evaluate, but is there any chance at all any restrictions would be reduced in 15 days even if things improve? Curious what people think the likely lockdown duration will be for, even though there’s no way of knowing yet. Could this go on until Winter?

‘My WAG isn’t until winter’,

no way. China, Italy, and S Korea, more dense countries per square mile took 3-4 weeks from onset so I suspect in the US it will take 6 weeks minimum to go from major cities to suburbia. And it basically started the beginning of March. Worse until mid/late April here in the US,
I hope...

May we survive this with the least possible morbidity/mortality despite our leaders being less useful in guidance than hoped...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in the "epicenter of PA" and all state and county parks are shut down, including the trails where you rarely see another person. The Park Rangers are there chasing people away. At this point there is no threatening of fines or arrest, but only because anyone they ask to leave has done so peacefully. I'm not sure what happens if someone refuses to leave. You don't exactly want to start overcrowding jails with trespassers.
Quote Reply
Re: F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving [Ironfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Montgomery County? I just saw they posted the SRT is closed for all of Montgomery County but then they said the trail itself is still open and just parks/historical sites are closed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did some recon on Strava and actually talked to a few Italians who are still running in big cities - Rome and Milan to be specific. They said it’s still legal as long as they’re by themselves. If that’s still allowed in Italy in current conditions it gives hope that the US and other countries won’t outlaw it or at least enforce it.
Quote Reply
Re: F*ck Corona - Lets Keep Moving [Ironfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironfan wrote:
I live in the "epicenter of PA" and all state and county parks are shut down, including the trails where you rarely see another person. The Park Rangers are there chasing people away. At this point there is no threatening of fines or arrest, but only because anyone they ask to leave has done so peacefully. I'm not sure what happens if someone refuses to leave. You don't exactly want to start overcrowding jails with trespassers.

Sad. Obviously, I wouldn't argue with a ranger or any other enforcement officer, but I don't plan to stop doing solo runs outside if I'm healthy.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Mar 16, 20 7:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also in Perú and Argentina similar action have been taken and they have close their border. I am from Peru, but live in Mexico.

People can only go outside to buy groceries and meds. All business es are closed except banks, supermarkets, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick2413 wrote:
Montgomery County? I just saw they posted the SRT is closed for all of Montgomery County but then they said the trail itself is still open and just parks/historical sites are closed.

They tried to close the SRT and CVT but there was a ton of backlash. The last thing we need is for people whop typically bike commute to end up on the roads and get hit by cars. At least they retracted it and just said they are closing the facilities along the trails, but won't chase anyone off the trails. A good thing since it looks like we will have some decent weather this week and I can't think of a better "socially distant" activity than solo running or riding outside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It probably depends on which Ranger you encounter and what your response is. There are signs on the trail at Green Lane Park that says it's closed. But is it open again once you exit the park on the other side? I'll probably find out this week.
Quote Reply

Prev Next