Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Extended Display on New Garmin Devices
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience with the new extended display feature on new Garmin Edge units? Does it work well?

Per Garmin: "You can use your Edge 130 device as an extended display to view data screens from a compatible Garmin mulitsport watch. For example, you can part a compatible Forerunner device to display its data screens on your Edge device during a triathlon" I believe several models of Edge are getting this feature added.
Quote Reply
Re: Extended Display on New Garmin Devices [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to DC Rainmaker, he just got the (beta?) firmware and was going to be testing and posting a write-up on his website this week. I dont think the firmware has been pushed out to the general public yet and the new devices (edge 130 / 520 plus, etc) are not yet shipping (that I've seen).

I'm quite interested in this feature too as I use a 935 but was looking to add a computer.
Last edited by: CyclingClyde: Apr 26, 18 10:54
Quote Reply
Re: Extended Display on New Garmin Devices [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct, I'm hoping to get something published shortly on it.

Garmin has temporarily pulled the feature from the production builds on the Edge 130/520 Plus while they sort out some details (primarily around translation of certain data fields/types across devices). Note, the Edge 130 is currently shipping, though the Edge 520 Plus remains in a holding pattern.

This will be compatible with the FR935, Fenix 5, and I've heard the FR645 also works with it too. On the head unit side, both the Edge 820 and Edge 1030 will get the update. I've been pressing for the Edge 520 (regular) to also get it.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Extended Display on New Garmin Devices [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
Correct, I'm hoping to get something published shortly on it.

Garmin has temporarily pulled the feature from the production builds on the Edge 130/520 Plus while they sort out some details (primarily around translation of certain data fields/types across devices). Note, the Edge 130 is currently shipping, though the Edge 520 Plus remains in a holding pattern.

This will be compatible with the FR935, Fenix 5, and I've heard the FR645 also works with it too. On the head unit side, both the Edge 820 and Edge 1030 will get the update. I've been pressing for the Edge 520 (regular) to also get it.

Great info! Thanks Ray! I'm hoping this will integrate somehow that I can use extended display AND best bike split power course files. Time will tell if it all plays nicely...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ray

Maybe you will cover this on your site, but would this feature be a workaround to show normalized power on the edge 130. Basically it will get the NP data on my Fenix and display it on the edge screen

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ray. I hope they make this feature work with the 920XT. I see a lot of 920XT's users out there, so I think it would be of value if they could make it work with the 920XT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of us who record our workouts on watches, I wish there were an inexpensive device that simply mirrored the watch data. I don't need my bike computer to have its own GPS chip and other expensive hardware that my watch already contains, I really just want a bigger display with more data fields.
Quote Reply