Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Export prescribed TP workouts to control smart trainer in ERG mode
Quote | Reply
Probably a confusing subject line, and I thought this had already been discussed. However I did a search and couldn't come up with anything of any substance.

I typically import my structured workouts from Training Peaks into Trainer Road and have TR control my Kickr Snap via ERG mode. Works great.

However I hate to spend $15/month for just one function. I'm really not using Trainer Road to its full potential as I don't need anything else from it at this time.

Tried to find alternatives, and the $3 app referenced on the TP site appears to be gone.

Before I pull $15 out my kids tuition fund, is there an alternative out there?

Yes, I do realize I'm overthinking a seasonal $15 purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: Export prescribed TP workouts to control smart trainer in ERG mode [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want powermatch, you're out of luck, but if not a relatively recent garmin device can do that, as can golden cheetah. Have to export the workout from trainingpeaks and import it into golden cheetah, so a little more work but it's relatively straightforward.
Quote Reply
Re: Export prescribed TP workouts to control smart trainer in ERG mode [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like the above poster stated, you can use a Garmin for this.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New App i am currently subscribed to, they have a winter plan promo for 4 months at 12$

https://trainerday.com/

monthly at 3.99$ and currently adding more metrics each week, they currently are developing powermatch now.

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swap the $15/mo over to zwift and the workouts will automatically be pulled from TP into zwift. Then you'll also have all the other benefits of zwift.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
greenlawnracing wrote:
Probably a confusing subject line, and I thought this had already been discussed. However I did a search and couldn't come up with anything of any substance.

I typically import my structured workouts from Training Peaks into Trainer Road and have TR control my Kickr Snap via ERG mode. Works great.

However I hate to spend $15/month for just one function. I'm really not using Trainer Road to its full potential as I don't need anything else from it at this time.

Tried to find alternatives, and the $3 app referenced on the TP site appears to be gone.

Before I pull $15 out my kids tuition fund, is there an alternative out there?

Yes, I do realize I'm overthinking a seasonal $15 purchase.

I have a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt, and my TP workout syncs to the Bolt and I can follow the workout. My Bolt will also connect to my Kickr and I can use the Bolt to control the Kickr. While I haven't tried this combination, I'm 99% sure that if I start a workout on the Bolt while it's connected to the Kickr and I select Erg mode within the Bolt, then it will do as you described. Based on a quick search of Wahoo's site this seems correct. If you don't have a Elemnt, you may consider investing in it versus paying a monthly fee for another service.
Quote Reply
Re: Export prescribed TP workouts to control smart trainer in ERG mode [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some good advice here. I trialed Trainer Day, pretty similar to TR in regards to the interface. Unless I missed something, you can’t calibrate the trainer from it? If I decide to pony up $15 it sounds like it would be better spent with Zwift, and I might give the Garmin a shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This won’t save you any money over Trainer Road, but you can import your TP workouts into Zwift as well, including the ability to use erg mode. And you would have access to the Zwift virtual world and their events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option is PerfPro. It's $100, but it's a one-time fee.
Quote Reply
Re: Export prescribed TP workouts to control smart trainer in ERG mode [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Like the above poster stated, you can use a Garmin for this.

Wow, I completely missed this. I'm going to try it and hopefully cancel my $15/month trainerroad account.

Quote Reply