Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Exploding Accelerade
Quote | Reply
I mixed up a concentrated bottle of Accelerade last night. 10 scoops mixed in the blender and put in a large water bottle. About 15 minutes later the top blew off the bottle and almost the entire contents were sprayed from one end of the kitchen to the other. It took over 2 hours to clean it up.

Does anyone have tips on how to clean bright green Lemon Lime Accelerade off a white stucco ceiling?
Quote Reply
Re: Exploding Accelerade [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No ideas about the cleaning, but what the Hell did you need 10scoops of Accelerade in one water bottle for? I think I usually use about a scoop and a half or maybe 2 scoops.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Exploding Accelerade [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what the Hell did you need 10scoops of Accelerade in one water bottle for?

----------------

I have been trying the Podiumquest water bottle with a concentrate in one container and water in the other. I figured using a concentrate in one container and adding water to the other container in the aid stations might work well in an Ironman so I've been testing it in training rides. I went for a 6 hour ride today so mixed up 10 scoops of Accelerade. I previously did the same thing with Perpetuem.

After the mess, I mixed up another batch and left in in the open blender over night. I found it worked really well in my ride today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got the podium quest with the intention of doing exactly the same thing you are trying. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet. Is it working for you? How many calories have you managed to get into one of the compartments? I'm going to try carbo-pro with something for electrolytes. I don't think I could handle concentrated accelerade.

You don't by any chance of pictures of the accelerade debacle, do you? That would be good stuff.

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Exploding Accelerade [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The two times I tried it so far, I mixed up about 1200 calories. The Perpetuem and the Accelerade both worked well at that concentration.

The Accelerade works better for me with its simpler sugars. When I eat maltodextrin, I think the blood goes to the stomach to digest it and I get heavy legs. Accelerade works well for me without a blood sugar crash as long as I don't stop drinking it once I start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to go off-topic, but Lemon-Lime Accelerade SUCKS!!!!

I thought the idea was good, but tastes like crap! Give me orange flavored Accerade all day and I'm happy!

OK, rant over.

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply
Re: Exploding Accelerade [flatfootedfatty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really really agree. I think that lemon-lime accelerade is one of the foulest tasting things I have ever had. Even worse after 50 miles in a bottle cage, all nice and warm. I have no idea how they can even call it lemon-lime. Or, for that matter, how they can call it food. Foul stuff.

Orange is great.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Exploding Accelerade [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
concentrated Accellerade will get you.

You mean the burping?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rofl what caused the bottle to explode?
Quote Reply
Re: Exploding Accelerade [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With that much powder in one bottle it created a lot of gas causing the lid to blow off. I don't know what it is in Accelerade that creates a gas when mixed with water. It's not a problem when you only use 1 or 2 scoops but, I guess with 10 scoops whatever creates the gas makes enough to blow the lid off.

The stuff went from the counter to the ceiling and sprayed 15 or 20 feet across the kitchen and nook which must take quite a bit of pressure. What surprised me most is that there was almost nothing left in the bottle.

I'm glad I prefer the taste of lemon lime over orange or fruit punch. The yellow ceiling should be easier to repair than bright red or orange stains.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the same problem with accelerade. Mixing bottles before a ride, I put one scoop in each bottle, filled each to the half way point, then I shook until the mixture was mostly diluted. When I opened the bottle to fill the rest up, POOF! Much of the bottle's contents sprayed all over the place.

Just think what happens to Accelerade when it is in the stomach. Shaky shaky!

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply