Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Explain yourself!
Quote | Reply
Ok, since it's still kind of the offseason, and there's a lot of OT stuff, time to spill your guts...........what does your screen name mean?

Mine is an ode to what I believe to be the best band in rock today......and my second fave only to the Beatles.

Rock on!

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Re: Explain yourself! [FooFighterFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WSL is short for Weasel. A nick name I have been given for my ability to get deals on things that I want to purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good post:

My first dog's name was Boo, and he lived to go running with me. In "see Spot run", "run Spot run" fashion, I adopted Runboorun as my screen name and internet handle on most sites. If you ever see runboorun on another site, its probably me...

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turtle. Depicts the speed I go at.
Last edited by: Turtle: Nov 26, 05 17:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just crazy about cycling. Duh.

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lakercr = lake racer. As it relates to triathlon - probably don't need to explain. I also run a business that builds a variety of performance parts for the snowmobile industry. Some of the lakes I train/race on in the summer are the same lakes that I (or my customers) race on in the winter.

lakercr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"vide e boa" means "life is good" in portugese. i don't speak portugese, but "life is good" looks coolest when translated into portugese.

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First and Last name

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Explain yourself! [Mito Chondria] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cmikul = C. Michael

It's my name noob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Numbers 13-14 in the Bible.

Caleb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orlando jackson is what I imagine my name would be if I were a large african american basketball player. it really doesn't say anything about who I actually am (not african or large), but I thought it sounded cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty basic for me....instead of a Soccer Mom, when I started visiting Slowtwitch both of my sons were playing high school football. Thing One still plays in the junior college level. Thing Two decided he preferred playing keyboards than getting tackled. Don't know if I'll change my name when the older no longer plays, but hopefully that will be a few years away.

Quote | Reply
It's my email address - I set up the account when I lived in Monterey and "411" is the last part of my Monterey cell phone number. I know - how freakin' original. I liked noob411 better.

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Relatively self explanatory... That my target is going long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First name, last initial. easy.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Explain yourself! [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SRQ is the airport code for the Sarasota Airport. 3sport, well....

Quote | Reply
My best friend is originally from Minsk, Belarus. 'Eganski' is russian for Egan, my last name. It's not really, but that was the joke. Speaking Russian to us just meant adding -ski to the end of English words. 'Eganski' is now my username for everything.

Gavardis pas Rusky, Gavboy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was NJMTBBG

New Jersey Mountain Biker B..... G.... (first and last name)..It was a carryover from my mtbreview.com screen name. I've left that behind so I've switched over to

Mid Life Trisis...

I'm mid 30's (not mid life I hope) and joke that Tri is only slightly less expensive than a girlfriend or a Corvette (both mid life crisis items in this part of the country). Kinda lame and dorky...but than again so am I.

B.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im from ireland and as the song goes irish eyes are smiling, which mine usually arent when im suffering through the tri off season!
Quote Reply
Re: Explain yourself! [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
first inital, start of last name,(frankly, other people nicknamed me that (KLO) AND it was way BEFORE J-LO, but i secretly like it) + my own nickname for my town.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CPT is for my rank, and Chaos is to describe my live in general

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Explain yourself! [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is extraordinarily self-explanatory as well. Obviously the handle can be broken into two parts, "slo" and "guy" with the traditional Algonquin connecting "w" in the middle. The first part, "slo", quite clearly refers to the sloe which is the small, sour, blackish fruit of the blackthorn, Prunus spinosa. That in turn would direct anyone with a modicum of knowledge to Sloe Gin, an alcohol flavored with the small fruit, which would in turn make it clear that I enjoy playing Gin Rummy. I suppose the second part might be a little more complicated to decipher. Everyone knows that a "guy" is a rope or cable used to steady or brace an object. The word "brace" should immediately lead you to the punctuation characters used to enclose words or thoughts meant to be together like {this}, and that should make it clear that you are meant to place the words Gin Rummy inside the braces, a clear sign of my life's philosophy....you gotta have 3 or 4 of a kind to keep it all together, unless you have 3 or 4 in a row because that'll do just as well.

See,...it's simple.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first serious racing bike was a Specialized S-works Festina edition and as I came to love the sport, the bike also became endering to me. So the inside joke is that my friends and I pretty much personify my bike, its my girlfriend. Festina, like a real girlfriend, takes all of my time and money... and still gives a great ride (even though I'm on Festina III right now).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had an orchiectomy due to my experience with cancer. "Lefty" is a tribute to the One that got away.

Its amazing how much more aero I am now...

(edited for spelling)
Last edited by: lefty: Nov 26, 05 18:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My brother actually came up with this name back in the day when all our friends used to say-sup dog. Our last name is Farnes-which is always mispronounced. So he started calling our family Furndogs. I liked it and have used it eversince. He had a great one that I wanted to steal-but I am not the fisherman he is-Reel Pirate.

Mahalo,
Matt
Quote Reply

Prev Next