Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Experience with SOLE F63 Treadmill?
Quote | Reply
I can get this one on super extra discount. I know it's their entry model and that Sole has higher models, but those aren't on the super extra discount. I don't need a machine with a lot of bells and whistles. I'll run on the treadmill during inclement weather or for a couple of miles after a trainer session (where I don't want to change clothes to go outside in the winter time).

Anyone have any experience with the F63? Opinions? Pros/ Cons?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Experience with SOLE F63 Treadmill? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've run on one of their lower end models, I think pre - F63, and it seemed to work just fine, even in its well used condition that I bought it in several years ago.

There really aren't many 'bells and whistles' on the more expensive F80 and F85 models. They just have a wider/longer running track, and more powerful motor.

I just bought an F80, but if I had been offered a sizeable discount on an F63, I would have been happy to go with that. If you were planning to put a lot more time on it and/or had multiple people using it, they'd probably recommend a higher model for the more powerful motor. But it sounds like you are only going to be doing the odd run on it. I'd bet the F63 would be just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve had an F85 for a couple of years now. I haven’t had any issues out of it. I push the buttons and it goes, that’s all I need a treadmill to do. Sole seems to have a good reputation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I don't have mine yet, I ran on one at Dick's sporting goods then bought one.

It seemed really solid to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Experience with SOLE F63 Treadmill? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an F63 that I purchased used 3 years ago in excellent condition. I don't know the year it was made but will guess that it's at least 10 years old. It has been excellent though a few of the LEDs on the big screen seem to have occasional issues. Otherwise, it has been perfect. Great motor, deck, controls and fan.
Quote Reply
Re: Experience with SOLE F63 Treadmill? [Rocking Rob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That machine looks good, especially for the price. I'm looking for a treadmill that doesn't have a centrally located shutoff button. The one I use a the Y has that feature and I inadvertently hit the switch with my hands which stops the machine and requires a workout reset. I get annoyed with that, especially when I'm in the middle of a hard workout....

Does the F63 have that issue? From the pics of the Sole website it appears that it might.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought one a year ago, functionally it's a great piece of equipment. Does everything a treadmill needs to do. It took me 30 minutes to assemble. My only complain (friend had this issue too) is the pace on the treadmill is way off for example I typically run around a Z2 8:30 - 9:00 pace and on the treadmill it says I am running 12:00 minute miles.
Quote Reply