Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Everestman - the world's first Everesting triathlon!
Quote | Reply
Everestman is a virtual triathlon race which is composed of 8848+m swim, then an everesting bike, and an everesting run, taken continuously.

Challenge it anytime, anywhere in the world!

Disclaimer - this is not an advertisement. My friend has completed it and I have no interest in that. I prefer flat bike and run courses.
Last edited by: miklcct: Jul 26, 20 5:51
Quote Reply
Re: Everestman - the world's first Everesting triathlon! [miklcct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a bit stupid unless its a multi day stage event. To do this you'd need a VAM of around 750m per hour all 24 hrs. including running.

If Contador did this after 8 hrs on the bike, he would have 16 hrs to run at a VAM of in excess of 550m. I don't think even Alberto or Alistair Brownlee would get anywhere close.
Quote Reply
Re: Everestman - the world's first Everesting triathlon! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
This is a bit stupid unless its a multi day stage event. To do this you'd need a VAM of around 750m per hour all 24 hrs. including running.

If Contador did this after 8 hrs on the bike, he would have 16 hrs to run at a VAM of in excess of 550m. I don't think even Alberto or Alistair Brownlee would get anywhere close.

Hahahaha Dev!! Turn your analytical brain off and accept that the world is full of nutjobs who live for and are perfectly happy to do stuff like this.As soon as I saw this post I thought "I wonder how long before some of my attention seeking,social media guru Ultra-mates will be announcing their tilt at Everestman?" The swim-bike portion isn't hard at all for an fit Ultra-trigeek and I'm sure the run would end up being a multi-day slog but seriously doable.
Quote Reply
Re: Everestman - the world's first Everesting triathlon! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read the website...there is no requirement that it be done within 24 hours. Sleep is permitted at certain points. The guy who has done it took a lot longer than 24 hours.
Note: I have no interest in completing this :)

devashish_paul wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Everestman - the world's first Everesting triathlon! [miklcct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you do the run on a treadmill, set to max incline, or do you have to run all the downhill parts?

I think most treadmills max out at 12-15%. But since 1% on a treadmill is considered the equivalent of a flat road in terms of speed/difficulty, would you have to use some kind of conversion factor and do slightly more elevation?

Cheers,
Ginger

https://www.instagram.com/gingerhowellracing/
If you find yourself thinking "What if I can't", instead think "What if I can!"
Quote Reply
Re: Everestman - the world's first Everesting triathlon! [gingersnaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gingersnaps wrote:
Can you do the run on a treadmill, set to max incline, or do you have to run all the downhill parts?

I think most treadmills max out at 12-15%. But since 1% on a treadmill is considered the equivalent of a flat road in terms of speed/difficulty, would you have to use some kind of conversion factor and do slightly more elevation?

Cheers,
Ginger

I think you need to do the run on a real hill as in Everesting.cc rules which Everestman refers to.
Quote Reply
Re: Everestman - the world's first Everesting triathlon! [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Hahahaha Dev!! Turn your analytical brain off and accept that the world is full of nutjobs who live for and are perfectly happy to do stuff like this.As soon as I saw this post I thought "I wonder how long before some of my attention seeking,social media guru Ultra-mates will be announcing their tilt at Everestman?" The swim-bike portion isn't hard at all for an fit Ultra-trigeek and I'm sure the run would end up being a multi-day slog but seriously doable.

Actually when I saw this, I thought, "OK, maybe this is doing 8488m of vertical TOTAL with some kind of formula for swim".

Let's say a decent pro does an IM ~ 8 hrs at 50 min swim, 4:25 bike, 2:45 run (so let's say 10% on the swim, 56% on the bike and 33% on the run), then maybe you cover off all of the 8848m of vertical on the bike and run, and you have to add an additional 10% of your total duration swimming.

So an interesting "doable event" would be you cover 8848m vertical, of which at least 1/3 must be done running and you also have to add 10% swim time relative to your bike+run time to make it a triathlon. Of course you would not actually know your required swim time, so you'd have to do it after you covered the full vertical on land (so that might make for a good laugh).
Quote Reply
Re: Everestman - the world's first Everesting triathlon! [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also doing 8848m of vertical over a week of bike + run would make for a good training week!!! 1300m per day. If you did 3800m of running during that week then you get Mount Fuji done on the run...and the rest of Everest on the bike over the week. Doing Mount Fuji of running in a week is >550m per day. That's quite a bit of running vertical daily.
Quote Reply