Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ever heard of a Cervelo frame cracking?
Quote | Reply
I am trying to get an idea to see if anyone has had a cervelo bike frame with the SmartWall tubing crack anywhere. It seems like their frames have stood up really well from memory - E
Quote Reply
Re: Ever heard of a Cervelo frame cracking? [ErnieK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
never heard of it.

Those tubes aren't crazy/stupid light, so as long as the welds hold true (and i've heard only good things about cervelo welds) they are probably less prone to the possibility of cracking than a lot of the frames on the market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen damn near every frame broken..no brand is exempt from that. It is how and where a frame cracks that is important. I dont know that I have seen ANY frame crack with out some serious abuse (in recent times - Scandium frames from a coule years back did like to bust).

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have sold and owned many, many Cervelos- well in excess of a few hundred.

Not one failure of any kind. Not one. Zero.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw one with a split at the seat-tube neck. Very tall guy, 200 lbs plus. It was about 3 or 4 years ago...don't know which model, only that it was red. The fellow was getting another Cervelo to replace it...that says something good in itself.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a friend that bought a P2k and after 2000km on it he start hearing a noise on the cranks... We looked close all the components and nothing... When we decided to change the cranks we saw a crack on the seat tube the the same level of the front deraileur but on the other side... Cervelo replaced the frame without asking... good service...

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Re: Ever heard of a Cervelo frame cracking? [Leng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a guy ride into a ditch in a bike race. His cervelo top tube was folded like a pretzel. His front wheel was folded as well.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply