Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ergomo recall!!!
Quote | Reply
I received my new Ergomo power meter late last year. Just put it my new P3 a few weeks ago. Haven't even hit the road yet ( Michigan weather) and now I get a recall notice asking me to remove the bottom bracket spindle and send it in. A very timely 3-5 week turn-a-round. Great...so much for being on the cutting edge.

Doug in Michigan

Quote Reply
Octalink only!** [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nt

Doug in Michigan

Quote Reply
Re: Octalink only!** [campbell53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did they contact you. I have several octalink ergomos out there and I would like to get more info. Did they say anything else about the recall
Quote Reply
Letter in the mail dated April 2 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it reports a failure in some spindles. Potential manufacturing defect. FAILURE OF THE BOTTOM BRACKET SPINDLE DURING USE COULD RESULT IN AN ACCIDENT INVOLVING SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. That's taken right out of the letter! Dang...

It goes on to say that the bottom cartridge should be removed and sent in to their US address. It will be sent on to Germany for inspection and possible replacement. 3-5 week turn around.

Yippee..........

Doug in Michigan

Quote Reply
Re: Ergomo recall!!! [campbell53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I share your pain. Randy at Ergomo must be swamped by this issue. I just heard that my Ergomo is also being recalled and, like you, I'm looking for a new BB for the next month.

Rob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We sensed it was an interesting product but recognized it wasn't ready for "prime time" yet and may not be for a little while. Great concept though.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Letter in the mail dated April 2 [campbell53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at least it shows that it is a very responsible company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have several of these out there, but my conversations with Randy have mollified my concerns about imminent death--the guy that broke the spindle was doing 1200 watt "jumps" up a steep wall. I spin up slowly and ride steady watts virtually all the time, so my odds of actually breaking the spindle are probably similar to my odds of standing on the podium in Kona--it aint gonna happen.

I'm still sorry to lose the capability for an extended period in the height of race season, but sh*t happens.

If anyone needs a copy of the letter sent out by Ergomo USA, drop me a note and I'll fax it to you.

wainwrightwj@29palms.usmc.mil
Quote Reply