Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Erg mode Kickr/Zwift question
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if this is a Zwift or Wahoo question so I decided to post it separately.
I have been riding Zwift allot since March but mostly letting Zwift control the Kickr.
Yesterday i wanted to do some longer tempo intervals on Zwift, but without creating a workout in Zwift but just controlling the power from my Elemnt but still riding on Zwift.
I was riding the Richmond course and I found that when I was on the climb the numbers were perfectly dialed, but as soon as I got off the climb the numbers were just jumping all over the place from maybe 40 watts lower to 20 watts over the target number.
Am I doing something wrong or is this just a set up that won't work right? (i.e. Zwift + Elemnt).
Quote Reply
Re: Erg mode Kickr/Zwift question [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I just havent RTFM closely enough, but I have never been able to get my Elemnt to play nice with Zwift. Since it isn't seeing a ride started (I'm not sure how to start ride but not have it upload to Strava resulting in a duplicate), it just powers off after 20min or whatever unless I keep bumping the buttons.

As to your power jumping question however, I'm guessing the Elemnt is controlling via ANT+ channel not BTLE and every time I've had any issue with my Kickr it's because the ANT+ source wasn't close enough. I've always solved this with an ANT+ dongle on a USB extension cable and I would bet your Elemnt being on your bars is just far enough to give the Kickr issues every once in a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you know what you want the long sets to be at, you can just setup a super long single workout set at that power then turn off ERG when you don't want to be at that and ride the map normally instead. So........z2=200w for 3 hours of one set........then just turn off ERG when you don't want it.

I came across an old Zwiftpower forum question just like this, and it appears that was the last posted suggestion.

I've always had issues messing separately with my phone or the Elemnt and the Kickr with Zwift running. Maybe I don't get all the interactions correct, but doing that in the workout utility seems like the way to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Erg mode Kickr/Zwift question [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So a few things.
My Elemnt tracks Zwift perfectly even auto pauses when I get up to grab a snack or something, I don't use it to upload to Strava but just as a backup in case Zwift crashes, so I can know how long I rode.
Also I don't think it is a problem with the Ant+ communication, because every time I was on a climb it was tracking perfectly I mean within 1 watt, but as soon as I got off the hill it got jumpy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could it be Zwift taking over control of the trainer automatically? Or maybe Blue Tooth control and Ant+ switching off between each other? I have had similar switches happen when running a lot of devices – phone, iPad, two computers – all with trainer apps etc. on them. My normal setup is, using two devices, to run TrainerRoad workouts as my main focus with Ant+/BT, while also riding Zwift that reads Ant+ only.

Totally thinking outside the box – does Zwift simulate headwind? Or could the small undulations of the Zwift road (not on the climb) be making the trainer respond in a disproportionate way to their actual incline?
Quote Reply