Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enve Dirty Kanza Giveaway
Quote | Reply
It was a LONG shot but my last hope of getting in to the Dirty Kanza 200 has slipped from my grasp. I was not one of the lucky winners (and I would've loved to have won the wheelset too!). My lottery luck has not been good the past few years

Any other ultra distance gravel races recommended for end of May or first of June??? Anyone here heard of the Kantdu Kanza in Texas? I love the play on the name, and how they advertise themselves as the other ride for people who did not get selected for DK
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Dirty Kanza Giveaway [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the Oregon gravel grinder is in late June

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Dirty Kanza Giveaway [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
the Oregon gravel grinder is in late June

Oh I wish I could do that one. It may still be on the radar but, right now, I'm scheduled to go cycling in Italy and France at the end of June. If this coronavirus is still running rampant through Italy then I may have to change my travel plans.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a phenomenal event, personally I think more fun/interesting and definitely scenic than DK http://www.lostandfoundbikeride.com/. Less than an hour from Reno airport or 2.5 from Sacramento.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is the Heywood in Northfield MN. you can do the 110, 170 or 380. Also the Gravel Drama 200 in Wisconsin. Both are free as well. Both are mid May.
Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: Feb 27, 20 11:22
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Dirty Kanza Giveaway [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
This is a phenomenal event, personally I think more fun/interesting and definitely scenic than DK http://www.lostandfoundbikeride.com/. Less than an hour from Reno airport or 2.5 from Sacramento.

This is event does look cool. Heard the guys on the trainerroad podcast talking about it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give the Chino Grinder a try in northern AZ
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Dirty Kanza Giveaway [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love me some hero gravel.

For those looking for an epic event that's on almost exclusively HERO gravel check out the DAMn (day across Minnesota).

Midnight start. Cross the entire state of MN. I've done it 2 consecutive years. The comrade there is unmatched. It's like family. Flat tires really aren't a thing in those parts.

DK is a rock race....not gravel :)

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sterile Iowan is the same day as Dirty Kanza, May 30.
100 - 400 miles.
#2ndBestGravelEventOnMay30th
Last edited by: jstonebarger: Feb 28, 20 6:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or, if April 18 isn't too early, take a close look at Iowa Wind & Rock, successor to TransIowa.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Dirty Kanza Giveaway [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
I love me some hero gravel.

For those looking for an epic event that's on almost exclusively HERO gravel check out the DAMn (day across Minnesota).

Midnight start. Cross the entire state of MN. I've done it 2 consecutive years. The comrade there is unmatched. It's like family. Flat tires really aren't a thing in those parts.

DK is a rock race....not gravel :)

I looked this one up. Very interesting. There's a great 18 minute documentary, about this ride, as well.......Delta of Spirit on Amazon Prime
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Dirty Kanza Giveaway [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jstonebarger wrote:
Sterile Iowan is the same day as Dirty Kanza, May 30.
100 - 400 miles.
#2ndBestGravelEventOnMay30th

Sterile Iowan looks very low key, or laid back. Have you ridden it?
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Dirty Kanza Giveaway [milehighrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milehighrunner wrote:
Give the Chino Grinder a try in northern AZ

This is actually one I'd been considering if DK didn't work out. I love AZ but have only ridden roads there. I bet the gravel scene in AZ is great
Quote Reply