Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

English Channel Swimming - Badass style
Quote | Reply
I hope this video link works: https://www.facebook.com/132029483530840/videos/1854691811264590/

This is John Batchelder, an acquaintance of mine, who is swimming the English Channel... wait for it.... ALL BUTTERFLY!

After 14 hours he stopped. Didn't quite make it and I'm not sure why yet.

I met him at the Portland Bridge Swim, an 11 mile swim he did butterfly, as well. Months ago, he attempted the Catalina Channel, but dropped that from rough seas and swallowing too much seawater. He'll be back!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Last edited by: HalfSpeed: Jun 26, 18 13:06
Quote Reply
Re: English Channel Swimming - Badass style [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This is John Batchelder, an acquaintance of mine, who is swimming the English Channel... wait for it.... ALL BUTTERFLY!

Insane but done before

https://swimswam.com/sylvain-estadieu-swims-across-the-english-channel/

But great effort by your friend, impressive

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Butterfly? That's amazing for one hour... But 14 in open water?? Totally impressive feat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he has stopped it's normally because of the Tide. if you don't quite manage to hold the required pace you get caught in the tide as you approach france and end up basically treading water for hours and hours making zero headway towards the coast.
Quote Reply
Re: English Channel Swimming - Badass style [chunkytfg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s pretty much what happened. He said his nutrition plan late in the swim broke down and he had gastric issues & started throwing up. The captain told him he’s about 30 minutes out and if he pushed hard, he’ll beat the tides. Otherwise, the captain will have to pull him as they’d be entering busy shipping lanes.
He gave it his all for 30 more minutes, but it wasn’t working and he exhausted himself. It was determined he would need another hour now to finish. He had nothing left and called it.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply