Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endurox R4
Quote | Reply
I just started using Endurox after workouts. For you that use this product, do you take it after all your workouts? Or only after your toughest workout days?

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: Endurox R4 [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i use it post every w/o 2 scoops. It was to rich for me to use during even at i scoop. it SEEMS great , i'm rarly sore the next day once using it regularly. i recommended it to a swimmer friend and a week later she said "it's like a drug it's awesome."

i think there, 4 am
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it, but not after every workout. I usually use it after hard/long workouts. Never after workouts less than one hour unless I'm going really hard.

I've been told, and I am not sure if this is accurate or not(so you experts, please feel free to correct me, but no need to attack my parentage!) that it isn't a good idea to use supplements all the time for two reasons:

1. Over time, your body becomes used to them and doesn't get maximum benefit

2. The amino acids can cause problems with your liver because the very high levels present in the supplement are more than the body is used to.

That said, I love both the Endurox and the Accelerade. They do seem to work pretty well. It's hard to be sure whether it's psychological or physical, but I am pretty sure that I feel better after long workouts when I use Endurox.

Accelerade, which is a different mix, but very similar, is much easier to stomach on the run, while Endurox may cause discomfort because it's so thick.

Like spaceman said, the stuff is thick, so I mix it according to my preference. I mix Endurox about 2 scoops per water bottle, and I mix Accelerade according to what I can stomach while running/cycling.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with other poster: I only take Endurox for workouts lasting over an hour or tough speed/interval workouts. I actually crave the sweet taste after a hard workout and Endurox is mmm mmm good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it, I think it works to some degree. It's "better" than water.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Endurox R4 [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endurox is basically carbs, protein, and some antioxidants. All good stuff, and good things to take after just about any workout. You can also get the same basic nutrion from a variety of foods plus a mulitvitamin. You're really paying for the convenience factor of a easy-to-prepare beverage.

>1. Over time, your body becomes used to them >and doesn't get maximum benefit

There's nothing in EnduroxR4 for the body to get used to. It's basically a food substitute.

>2. The amino acids can cause problems with your >liver because the very high levels present in the >supplement are more than the body is used to.

The levels of arginine, glutamine and the branched-chain amino acids aren't particularly high in Endurox, and will certainly not overload your liver.

The pill form (Endurox Excel) doesn't provide any benefits according to this study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10660874&dopt=Abstract

The Endurox Excel tablets didn't produce any noticeable benefit for me. I have had a good experience with Endurox R4. I also like Accelerade, but prefer Hammer Nutrition's Sustained Energy for longer workouts.
Quote Reply