Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endurancefilms.com - what is CP?
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the indoor training videos at endurancefilms.com. They have a display at the bottom of the screen giving RPE (got that), HR zone, RPM (ok with those too) but then they list "CP"? For example:

http://www.endurancefilms.com/...p;cat=263&page=1

Anyone know what "CP" is? Also does anyone have any of these videos and have an opinion of them? Thanks.
Last edited by: 2wheels: Apr 16, 11 15:26
Quote Reply
Re: Endurancefilms.com - what is CP? [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • Critical Power/CP-

The average power a cyclist can maintain for any given duration of time. Critical power can be used as a parameter for training intensity once a rider's CP zones are determined by completing CP field tests. CP zones are expressed as CP followed by the time duration in minutes. Typical CP durations are CP.2 (12-seconds), CP1 (one-minute), CP6, CP12, CP30, CP60, CP90, and CP180.
http://support.trainingpeaks.com/...ossary-of-terms.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: Endurancefilms.com - what is CP? [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is actually WRONG.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Endurancefilms.com - what is CP? [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Endurancefilms.com - what is CP? [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have all of the Rides DVDs. I think they are by far the best training DVDs. They are all an hour long except for the Kentucky one, which is an hour and a half and very difficult. The others feel like going for a somewhat difficult one hour ride. I like that because I get a good workout in, the time on the trainer passes, but I am not too shelled to do another workout the next day. Very good music and training tips and some funny pop ups. When I get sick of the music, I do the workouts with the sound off my TV and my Ipod on. Rides 1 is older and has the best music and funny pop-ups, but the least features (no display on the bottom telling you what to do). The latest one, Texas, is really good because it has a tempo workout, which you can repeat on consecutive days, but it also has a lactate threshhold workout, which is hard. Southern California is 54-minutes and has lots of hill climbing. Las Vegas one is a bit more high intensity. North Carolina is not too high intensity and you can do it on consecutive days. Anyway, I really recommend these DVDs - I think they are fantastic.
Quote Reply