Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Endurance Sports Podcasts
Quote | Reply
Over the past year I've changed from listening to the radio on my commutes to podcasts, and have really learned a lot from listening to lots of knowledgeable folks in the endurance sports realm.

Below are a few podcasts I listen to that I feel have good content. I know there are tons of podcasts out there, but I'd love to hear recommendations from others.

Get Faster by TrainerRoad - really great stuff, and obviously more geared toward cycling
Be With Champions - pretty new one by Greg Bennett with lots of top triathletes
Koop Cast - more ultra running focused with Jason Koop
Purple Patch - tri specific topics with Matt Dixon (without meaning too, I was featured in episode #69)
That Triathlon Show - tri specific and very informative on training and coaching
The Morning Shakeout - Mario Fraioli focuses on running with athletes and coaches
Zwift Power Up Tri - Matt and Jordan interview top folks in the triathlon arena
Tower 26 - swim focused show with triathlon integrated
The Brick Session - Mark Livesey with Heather Wurtele on tri topics
The Fit File - more sports tech oriented with DC Rainmaker and GP Lama

What podcasts to you listen to that are worth checking out?

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Sports Podcasts [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Empirical Cycling Podcast - start at ep.1. Kinda like Coach Chad deep dives on steroids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the TR podcast, but lately it seems like the same topics are coming up over and over again. I question the longevity of the show.

The Marginal Gains Podcast is pretty cool.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy: Mar 9, 20 8:16
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Sports Podcasts [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
I love the TR podcast, but lately it seems like the same topics are coming up over and over again. I question the longevity of the show.

The Marginal Gains Podcast is pretty cool.
i agree. you can only go over the same stuff so much. i ran into that wall about half a year ago. it seemed the commentary was getting stale so they started getting different people on the show. dont get me wrong, for cycling its one of the best podcasts, and the interactions of the 3 guys is just fantastic, but i do agree on the longevity for people to continuously listen.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fitter Radio is probably the best triathlon-specific podcast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Work, Play, Love Podcast with Jesse Thomas and Lauren Fleshman

Great podcast discussing a variety of topics we all have either dealt with or know someone who has probably dealt with, plus its really funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Sports Podcasts [Mgibo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fast Talk podcast (for me it's a sub-series in the VeloNews podcast). Great deep dives into training, they have Stephen Seiler and other prominent researchers on there regularly. Cycling focused.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Effortless Swimming from Brenton Ford
Triathlon Coach/Train Smooth from Tim Egge

I think Tim is hilarious and a breath of fresh air. He and Mikael (That Triathlon show)are completely opposite sides of the coin, but are both entertaining and interesting to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C26 (Crushing Iron) is a great Podcast! Coach Robbie & Coach Mike really nail it, and it's 2x/week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ten Junk Miles

Lots of drinking & cursing; not much learning

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Physical Performance Show is great and features lots of awesome athletes and professionals
Mile High Endurance
Le Run Down

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Sports Podcasts [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMTalk- Been going on for way more than a decade... Still my favorite.

Arete Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll add two more suggestions .

Dan gets Rich which is about triathlon not making money. The hosts are named Dan and Rich.

Mile after Mile. That one is mine. So a self-plug.
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Sports Podcasts [jwvenis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwvenis wrote:
C26 (Crushing Iron) is a great Podcast! Coach Robbie & Coach Mike really nail it, and it's 2x/week.

This is my go to podcast. I grew weary of all the ones that had sponsorships or the "5 ways to improve X" podcasts. The Crushing Iron Podcast is exactly what I was looking for in a podcast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found Be with Champions yesterday. Really like it so far.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestion! I've got a lot of new content lined up for the next several weeks now :)

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Endurance Innovation Podcast is a good one that I think is a little under the radar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not listening to "The Cycling Podcast"?

my default while running.
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Sports Podcasts [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
jwvenis wrote:

This is my go to podcast. I grew weary of all the ones that had sponsorships or the "5 ways to improve X" podcasts. The Crushing Iron Podcast is exactly what I was looking for in a podcast.

Yup, that’s the only triathlon podcast I’ve really been listening to lately. Love those guys.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“Real Science ofSport” a great sports science podcast with some endurance sports topics. Great coverage/review/science of running shoe tech and the Vaporfly for example. Also some great stuff about training and the attributes of making a champion among many sports. A sports scientist, Ross Tucker and. A sports journalist, Mike Finch have really excellent perspectives on a range of sports topics.

Kara Goucher’s “Clean Sport Collective” also has some great podcasts. Check out the two part episode with Frank Shorter. A great history lesson in endurance sports and the doping issues with a true legend in endurance sports.

These are both a little off from the standard training podcasts but really great stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adventure Stache and King Of the ride
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a big fan of That Triathlon Show. I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested in the science behind training. People interested in coaching might like it too.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Sports Podcasts [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
not listening to "The Cycling Podcast"?

my default while running.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Sports Podcasts [tmcg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tmcg wrote:
“Real Science ofSport” a great sports science podcast with some endurance sports topics. Great coverage/review/science of running shoe tech and the Vaporfly for example. Also some great stuff about training and the attributes of making a champion among many sports. A sports scientist, Ross Tucker and. A sports journalist, Mike Finch have really excellent perspectives on a range of sports topics.

I really like some of these episodes too. I did not enjoy their bellyaching about the nike in part 2 of the shoe episodes though.
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Sports Podcasts [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From a Canadian perspective, we run a very locally based (Fraser Valley) endurance sports podcast called Fitspeek. It's a "digest" format that has 3-4 minute segments on local race results, upcoming events, some fitness training news, and usually a fun an in-depth interview with a fast guy/gal.

Hell, we even had your Every Man Jack team-mate Robert Johnson, on the show a while back.

It's that caliber of a show, mostly.

Yes, Slow Man was also a guest - and a LOT of fun to interview. * makes a mean cup o mountain joe !!

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply

Prev Next