Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endless pool owners
Quote | Reply
We just sold our home and have an endless pool.

Does anyone have any experience moving their endless pool to another home? If so, any pointers? We had ours installed, but the guy who installed it I would never use again.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool owners [spasmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on selling the home ;)

I have a similar issue.... I'm selling my home - moving to a different continent, so not taking the pool :'( - and would like to remove the SwimEx ("most buyers don't want a pool" -- my agent). But finding someone willing to take it is difficult, most people seems to back off at "ok, you'll need to rent a forklift", which is just a phone call...

Overall, since I installed mine myself, I can say it's not that complicated, but takes some time to DIY.
For the SwimEx, all I'd have to do, is cut the PVC pipes (leave some against the pool - it's fine, will extend them with new ones later), and electrical wires. Then get a flatbed truck and a forklift, and move every part on the truck (mostly the motor and pool require the forklift, the rest isn't that heavy.) Do the reverse on the other side.

Then it's just a matter of plugging pipes and connecting wires again. This can be done by a normal electrician and plumber, if you don't want to hire an "endless pool-specialized" contractor. Probably cheaper too.

If you are taking it apart yourself, I'd take photos and videos of every pipe and wire I cut, which would make re-assembly easy.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently bought a used one, removed from the existing home and almost done installing in my garage.

What questions do you have?
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool owners [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you have to replace anything that you were not expecting to? Liner fits back in after transport? Hydraulic fluid? What did you use for install instructions? ThAnks for responding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spasmus wrote:
Did you have to replace anything that you were not expecting to? Liner fits back in after transport? Hydraulic fluid? What did you use for install instructions? ThAnks for responding.

Liner for sure. Underlaymemt. Styrofoam corners. I replaced the line hanger also, was full of silicone and I didn’t want to clean it.

Good time to replace hydraulic motor, they have a 6 year or so shelf life since it sits in the water. If you do that change the fluid and filter. Draining it will make it a lot lighter to transport.

I had myself and 3 guys to disassemble and load it up. Included the pool itself and all mechanical components. Took just over 3 hours.

I thought about creating a project thread but was unsure on the interest. Giant erector set. The real work is the electrical, gas and vent if you have a gas heater
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool owners [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Share pics after the fact
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool owners [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Wow. Share pics after the fact

Of the assembly? Or?
Quote Reply