Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endless Pool Fastlane Installation
Quote | Reply
The quote from contractor recommended by Endless Pools was $3,000 to install the Fastlane Pro in backyard pool.

Anyone else done this? This seems high.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool Fastlane Installation [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done it, but it was during a pool remodel. I will find the invoice, but it was about that same amount. I think it is going to vary depending on the complexity of your install. Are they burying in hydraulic lines? How far do they have to go to where the equipment will be....do they have to go under any walls...etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool Fastlane Installation [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, this is what is pissing me off.

I am building a new pool. I think there is a lot of duplicate expenses buried in on this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I installed a Fastlane as part of a new pool construction. I don't know the exact breakout of the cost to install the Fastlane as part of the overall project cost, but the install is a bit involved. $3K doesn't sound outrageous to me. There's additional conduit for the hydraulic lines, additional electrical work, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just finished building a pool. I opted not to install a Fast Lane but I did have two builders quote me for one. Both said $8500 - $9000 all in (parts & labor), in case that helps you.

Are you going to have a notch in the pool to hold the Fast Lane unit? That’s what I was going to do so that it wouldn’t look so much like a BBQ grill in the pool.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool Fastlane Installation [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I was going to do as well, but when you read the install instructions it says you need a bunch of space on each side of the unit,,,,I believe it was 3-4 feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's exactly how I built mine. Here are a couple of shots. The first one shows the alcove in the pool wall with the Fastlane installed. The second shows the metal frame and Ipe decking that was installed over the top of the Fastlane. It completely covers the Fastlane and the in-ground vault for the built-in pool cover that's behind it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am born building a notch either because of the same issue. It will look like a grill in the pool no matter what.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the minimum you need. Pretty much what we did.

Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool Fastlane Installation [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That iPad interface is cool! I don't have that. Is it new?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's newish. I think it's been out a couple of years. It's an option that you can add. You can retrofit it if your main controller is new enough to accept it. It's a pretty strightforward install (I did it myself). You basically add a wifi antenna to the controller enclosure, and then plug in a chip into an open socket on the controller board. It's nice because I can then program interval workouts, such as 5x400m with 20" recovery, and it automatically changes the pace of the Fastlane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Cat...nice job, that looks great! I would like to do something like that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s a great setup. I think I found pictures of yours when I was researching the Fast Lane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I charged about 3 k for the last one I installed. That was buried lines that were extended quite a ways though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes that seems high, the biggest job is not attaching the Fastlane to the Pool deck its actually running the Hydraulic lines to the pool. So if you do it during a pool installation I would not see this. If they have to cut cement to run the lines and then cover etc...etc...then yes. You also need the correct amperage from the breaker to the unit, at least 30amp if I recall.
You can do 90% of the install yourself by following instructions, I did everything except for the electrical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure which model, but my dad and I completely built one of their above-ground units for my mom with the metal frame and vinyl liner and installed the 'jet' without much trouble. Not sure how different it is for an existing pool, but in this case the unit just sort of hangs on the end of the pool, so any tubes just run out the back.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you pretty happy with your purchase? I am thinking of getting a pool, and having one of these installed. Thanks!

How much total extra cost did it run you to get it put in the pool?
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool Fastlane Installation [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, we're very happy with our Endless Pool and would definitely do it again if I were building another pool. I can't give you a good number on total cost above and beyond the cost of EP unit itself, as all the plumbing, electrical, etc. cost of installing the EP was bundled into the total cost of building our pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have any questions let me know. A friend and I put together the one I got. It wasn’t a fast lane, but the above ground commercial elite model.

Tim

http://www.magnoliamasters.com
http://www.snappingtortuga.com
http://www.swimeasyspeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
El Gato-

WE are having install issues with our Fastlane in a new construction pool. If possible, could you send a picture from your pool deck looking down on your unit so I can see how the unit fits against the wall to include the PVC Thru-Wall fitting. I have attached what mine currently looks like and it seems to be wrong. Thanks for your time.

Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool Fastlane Installation [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi-

WE are having issues with the pool builder installing our Fastlane. I am looking for a picture from the pool deck so I can see how the unit looks attached to the pool wall. It appears that my builder has installed the PVC hydraulic housing fittings only on the pool side thus I have water in my PVC housing for the hydraulic lines. I have attached a picture of what mine looks like and am wanting to compare. If you can, would you mine taking a picture of your unit from the pool deck looking down on it so that I can see how it looks attached to the pool wall. Thanks. tomruyle@gmail.com

Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool Fastlane Installation [Billytheswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billytheswimmer wrote:
Hi-

WE are having issues with the pool builder installing our Fastlane. I am looking for a picture from the pool deck so I can see how the unit looks attached to the pool wall. It appears that my builder has installed the PVC hydraulic housing fittings only on the pool side thus I have water in my PVC housing for the hydraulic lines. I have attached a picture of what mine looks like and am wanting to compare. If you can, would you mine taking a picture of your unit from the pool deck looking down on it so that I can see how it looks attached to the pool wall. Thanks. tomruyle@gmail.com

We moved away from that location 5+ years ago so I don't recall it looking like that but we did run the hydraulic lines on the pool deck and finished the deck with a rubber surface with a chanel for the lines. I would send the pics to Endless Pools etc.. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool Fastlane Installation [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool Fastlane Installation [Billytheswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry - we have since sold that house and moved so I'm not able to get you a photo. I'd contact EP for help.
Quote Reply