Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elite Nero Smart Roller: anyone tried?
Quote | Reply
DCR hasn't tried one yet, and I can't find any other significant "reviews" mostly just Eurobike walk-bys, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Nero Smart Roller: anyone tried? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat wanting to know. It looks good but was waiting to purchase trying to see if someone else will be the guinea pig for me. Let us know if you find anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have any info on the Elite Smart Roller, but I have the new controller on the Inside Ride rollers and they work flawlessly !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried these yet? Found a GCN review but nothing in depth.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Nero Smart Roller: anyone tried? [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbecks2 wrote:
Anyone tried these yet?

I have a set here to unbox and ride. It's on the cards for this week.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Nero Smart Roller: anyone tried? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are these working out for you? Significantly better than standard rollers on Zwift?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbecks2 wrote:
How are these working out for you? Significantly better than standard rollers on Zwift?

Better than standard rollers for resistance, yep. The resistance changes were quick in SIM. Always interesting in ERG on rollers as I always associate ERG with being locked into the trainer (direct drive or wheel-on). There's no room for slacking off on the watts or the balance.

Shane Miller - GPLama
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use TRUTRAINER at home and ELITE NERO at the office. Both with Zwift (but have also tried Road Grand Tours with both).

Bought my TRUTRAINER in 2007, best investment ever, never let me down in 12 years ! At first I had no resistance control added, then for a few years used a custom resistance plate with magnet (worked awesome)... then was lucky to be part of some testing with TRUTRAINER. All on a 12 years old structure that have never given up an inch of play or anything ! Road feel (with lot of inertia in the rollers which makes a huge difference IMO, stability with the big rollers, etc. I've tried them all and nothing comes close).

Bought Nero this spring when they became available just because it was a pain to always bring my TRUTRAINER to work during week days to bring it back home on week-ends, etc. Already had a Quick-Motion at work with adjustable resistance but not "smart/connected" and no inertia which makes it only ok for race warm-up IMHO, hoped the NERO added inertia in the rear rollers would finally make this design a good product. And to an extent it does what it is supposed to, not as much inertia as I would like, rollers being much smaller than Trutrainer makes it less stable (even though the whole thing can move back and forth a little bit) BUT it is good enough that I don't bring my TRUTRAINER to work. What I like is that you plug it in so it is instantly connected to zwift (no need to pedal before, etc.) and it works pretty well with Zwift. Disclaimer : I don't use ERG mode so I can't tell if it works good in that mode & I always use my power meter for power source so don't know how precise the power information can be if you use it as power source. I only use the connection with Zwift for resistance adjusted to terrain (climbs/downhills/flats) and I think it's the best way to use any trainer anyway in order to always use the same powermeter for power source either indoor or outdoor.

Conclusion : TRUTRAINER (and hopefully a widely available connected Trutrainer available soon... fingers crossed) is better than NERO. NERO is the best mid-level $ rollers option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These... are the connected rollers you need to try out... I couldn't tell yesterday, but the website update today was spot on :-)

https://trutrainer.com/...tload-power-rollers/
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Nero Smart Roller: anyone tried? [pyf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyf wrote:
These... are the connected rollers you need to try out... I couldn't tell yesterday, but the website update today was spot on :-)

Very interesting. Power measurement all the way past the tyre is hard. I'd be interested to see how they've taken on that challenge, and to see some data.

US$1,499.00.

Crikey!

Shane Miller - GPLama
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
pyf wrote:

Very interesting. Power measurement all the way past the tyre is hard. I'd be interested to see how they've taken on that challenge, and to see some data.

US$1,499.00.

Crikey!

I always use my powermeter as power source and cadence source and my trainer as controllable trainer (for resistance changes) and I think that's the best way no matter if you are on a Neo2, on a KickR or on rollers (being Nero or Trutrainer with Smartload).
Having said that I tried with Trutrainer Smartload pre-production unit a couple of times (sending power from my power meter to my Garmin and power from the rollers to Zwift) and it came close, though not as close as the last time I tried doing the same thing on a Neo2. It was pre-production so I can't say how the final version will react (I expect any change were to do better compare to the unit I tested).

I agree on the high price tag. But my TruTrainer are from 2007, only changed one belt once, and when the Smart Load unit came up it was compatible with my 2007 rollers !!! I don't think I could say that of any other trainer I would have bought in 2007 !!! So you have to have to consider how many years of use VS retail price ;-) !

Seriously if you try it I'm sure you'll love it !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheers for the info. I'll keep my eyes on reviews/posts. If I can get my hands one one, I'll put it through my Lama Lab protocol.

The Crown Rollers got a workout here tonight. Trying to hit wattage targets by dumping gears with Di2 was like driving a manual car all over again, it was awesome! :)

Shane Miller - GPLama
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
The Crown Rollers got a workout here tonight. Trying to hit wattage targets by dumping gears with Di2 was like driving a manual car all over again, it was awesome! :)

You normally use ERG mode for workouts ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pyf wrote:
You normally use ERG mode for workouts ?

Didn't this topic hit 'the fan' yesterday in another thread? ;) I use ERG to test power sources, which is regular enough to be called my workouts.

When I'm in real training mode I'm on the Lemond Revolution. Which I need to sort out a thru-axle conversion for.

Shane Miller - GPLama
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve just finished a preview post of the Elite Nero rollers. I normally do a longer test using Zwift, but need to get a little more experience with them for it to be a fair test. Ie limited by the machine and not me!

Overall good bit of kit, a few quirks, be definitely a good addition to a training pain cave

The post is here:

https://titaniumgeek.com/...art-rollers-preview/

TitaniumGeek - James Gill
[image]https://i2.wp.com/titaniumgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Screen-Shot-2017-09-28-at-16.51.00.jpg?w=991&ssl=1[/image]
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Nero Smart Roller: anyone tried? [TitaniumGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Revisiting an older post.

For folks that purchased the Elite Nero awhile back, are you still enjoying it/still riding on it? Any issues pop-up?
Quote Reply