Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Elite Crono CX Aero bottles.
Quote | Reply
Is anyone using the ELITE CRONO CX bottles on their bike. If it is possible, can you post a picture of them on the bike. I am looking for single and double bottles on the frame. I believe that Campled had them on one of his bikes and he was using two of them.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it looks exactly like the XLab aero bottle.
Great for the seat tube, in my opinon

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [chanthony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really but I am more interested in seeing them mounted and how they look on a bike. Especially if two are used.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can respond that it sucks for actual use. ie you have to be sure air gets back in it if using for drinking or else it is compressed and can easily fall out of holder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heard of Google?

Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I have and have looked at them all, but wanted users on ST to get their feedback on the bottles and how they have them mounted.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they look fast, i may grab a couple for the road bike

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I realise mine is a slightly different bottle but I have made a custom mount to get the bottle down into the bottom of the main triangle
[URL=http://s1285.photobucket.com/...zps2da691bd.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you have a picture of the mount. This is what I was looking for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Managed to dig up an old thread:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ro%20bottle;#4380363
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you. My work has a machine shop and Black Delrin so that just gave me a great idea. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be great to post back here if you get something made, always interesting to see what crazy ideas other posters come up with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am waiting for my Sitero to show up as I might not even get one depending on how the rear seat mount on that saddle works as well as the BTA I am using. I might just use this as a spares compartment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the best photos, but what I have currently uploaded. If you want any sort of detail pics of the mounting, cages, bottles, caps, whatever, let me know and I'll take some pictures for you.

61cm AR4

Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems like they fill in the area fairly well. How do they work and any issues. I can get a pair of the less expensive ones for $80 shipped. So I might get two of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once you get past the quirks of sucking while you squeeze the bottle for good flow, and puffing them before they go back in their cages, they are fine. Aero, look cool, dimples, carbon, easy to insert and remove from cages, and yeah, dimples.

I usually drink from my down tube first, when its empty, I swap bottles from seat tube to down tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What type of valve do they use on the bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You must be a tall dude, I like the idea of using one for flat kit during a race. I have a sitero and the bottle cage mounts in a great position as far as aero goes. My guess is just one aero bottle on the DT is more aero than two because there is some gap there for turbulent air. A great product would be the Wedgie but with an aero bottle.

Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sold on the WEDGIE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one and used it for my concentrated nutrition only during races. Two races so far with it, a half and full iron with no issues.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that set up you are running makes a lot of sense. I have the Sitero coming this week, BTA on my aerobars and should order my Crono CX for the frame. Are you running the rear saddle cage with your spare in there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes. I have the X-Lab Mezzo Pod for my spare kit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Nut wrote:
I have one and used it for my concentrated nutrition only during races. Two races so far with it, a half and full iron with no issues.

I would move it to the seat tube.
-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.cervelo.com/en/engineering/ask-the-engineers/hydration-and-aerodynamics.html

Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my thinking too but then saw the BMC team with the same bottle on the down tube and thought maybe they did some testing. Plus I find it easier and quicker to reach down and get it from the down tube than the seat tube for me.

Quote Reply

Prev Next