Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elite Bicycles
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ridden an elite razor - was wondering how the bike quality is and how the ride seems to be - thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [HomerJSimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can't say i've been lucky enough to ride a Razor, however i do own a T-Class Elite and a Joule Elite road bike. i can't adequately express the time and patience that was put into my fit of both bikes. several days and several different stem/post/bar combinations. this all for a mid pack athlete who will be anonymous forever. Owner David Greenfield then checked back with me multiple times and made two more minor adjustments to set up after i had been riding for a week to tweak me into a perfect position. Elite will not rest until your bike is perfect.

david greenfield 215-681-5925

elitebicycles.com

if you're in philly, stop at The Latest Dish(shameless plug) at 613 S. 4th street, we can discuss Elite more and drink beers.

morgan rhule
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Homer,

I havn't riden a Razor, but it is a sweet looking bike. the customization is what is key and if I were ever going to get a bike customized I would want Elite Bicycles to do it. I have a T-Class and love it. The bike fits me perfectly (see other reply as to why) and the service you get from all the guys at Elite is the best in the industry bar none.

Another great thing about getting the Elite is that you get free technical service at all WTC sponsored Ironman and Half Ironman races in the U.S.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [Anzus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Homer J, I haven't ridden a Razor but I had an Elite T Class and currently ride an Elite Aria. I could not be happier with the bike or the customer service. Ask any Elite customer and they will tell you that Dave Greenfield treats his customers like family. As an added bonus Dave is an excellent bike fitter. He set me up on my Elite and I have sent many people to have fittings with him, all agreed their bikes were perfect. His bikes are beautifully made and ride great. You won't be disappointed.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am the lucky owner of an Elite Razor and can't say enough good things about the bike or the purchase process. I had multiple phone conversations with david greenfield and he is class all the way. The bike fit me perfectly even though I live out of state and david never saw me in person. Great colors and an awesome ride, perfect service, what more could you ask for?
Last edited by: Triman: Jan 9, 04 19:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Homer,

The English language limits my ability to adequately express my satisfaction with my ELITE Razor. On the threshold of two years now, my bike is finest piece of equipment I HAVE EVER owned... so much so, I bought one for my wife last year. Several of my friends have bought one… Let me offer just a few reasons why. You WILL RUN faster off an ELITE Razor -- because it will fit YOU. I Had John Cobb take a look at me (my fit) at Gulf Coast last May and he was truly impressed -- strongly recommended NO CHANGES. It is a thing of beauty: from the meticulous hand-welds to the immaculate paint (by Billy Lane at Northeast Paintworks -- the same guy who paints Serrotta bikes) Superior value: No "no name" parts hidden away in obscurity -- all top shelf stuff. Dollar for dollar, you CANNOT buy a bike that will match what David will build for you. Perhaps what I like best is David's commitment to Customer Satisfaction. When you choose an ELITE, you become part of an “ELITE” family. ANYTIME, anyplace, you can call David and he will overnight you a needed part. He has been known (just recently at Ironman Florida) to fit a guy to one of his best EXPO show bikes when the airline lost his bike in transit... How can I say more? OK, here's the bottom line, I love my bike.

Tom Fugate -- Proud ELITE Owner since 2002
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Homer,

As Nike says - Just do it! You will not be disappointed in the Razor. To answer your specific questions:

1) The bike quality is great. As some of the previous posts mentioned Elite Bicycles only uses the best parts available and their attention to detail is amazing, of course you make the final decisions as to what you want to put on the bike, but David Greenfield knows tri and knows what works so I would listen to him unless you have specific preferences for lower quality stuff. Hell, even the paint is superior to what is on my other bikes - no cracking, no sweat peel (if you train on a computrainer this makes a difference!)

2) As for the ride the bike is fast, responsive and comfortable (allot of this has to do with fit - see above posts for comment)

In summary, don't look further than Elite. Regardless of your price point you will not be disappointed.

Train hard and smile while doing it!

San Fran Tri Nerd
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [Morgtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on my third year riding the Razor and it is fantastic, the fastest bike I've ever ridden. David Greenfield really gets into the custom fit and he's a great help at the Ironman North America races. My position is a bit extreme (my choice), David got the geometry right the bike handles like a dream.

Light,stiff and aero, no one else gets there.

Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alot of posts responding to many Elite threads talk about the incredible customer service that comes along with buying an elite...and i agree 100%....it is exceptional...something that you have to experience to believe...it's the way EVERY company should treat their customers.
But, noone has really spoken to the RIDE QUALITY of an Elite and to be more specific, and Elite Razor.
I purchased the 5th T Class made many years back. I loved it. Although last year I told myself that I was going to give other bike companies a shot at my business. I rode 4 different AL (alliminum)bikes, 1 carbon and a TI bike. I rode all four of the AL bikes for AT LEAST a 2 hour ride. I was disaapointed in two of the AL bikes ride quality and somewhat impressed with the other 2. But, they honestly did not hold a candle to the ride quality of the Elite RAZOR. I was SO SHOCKED at the difference in ride quality from the Razor to the other two contenders, that I rode them BOTH again...(did the same 27 mile loop on both). Again, there was no comparison, the Razor was hands down THE BEST. As far as the carbon bike....i did not like the "feel". and the TI...there was something about it, that felt ALL WRONG.
WHY did the Razor have such a much better ride quaility?
It has amazing acceleration, climbs well, descends with out high speed without wobble, (which i unfortunatally found in the first 2 bikes I tried)...It is very stable all-around
it is Much Much smoother then any of the other non-Elite aluminum frames I rode, (I THINK that this may be do to better tube quality)
Overall it just feels so dam fast, it jumps forward when I push the pedal.
In addition to the above....I got the EXACT colors that I wanted....It's red with flames that fade into black and then the flames fade into red again at the bottom bracket.....and this paint job was only a nominal charge...UNBELIEVABLE!!
I would be happy to attach a photo of my Razor here, (if anyone cares) but I don't know how to attach it...if anyone wants to let me know how, I would be glad to post it...
Homer, I hopes this helps...please feel free to e-mail me if you have any further questions.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [MDS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MDS - Thanks for your help, With all the postive feedback I've decided to order a Razor, now all I have to do is wait. I'll be looking for your cool ride at the races, thanks again
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [gonnagitcha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm, a "joe" with a "bit extreme" riding position. Let me guess!? Welcome to the board and thanks for the post.

-

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone replying to this post - all your feedback really helped convince me I'm making a good decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Homer, no problem with the advise...just please "no derogatory comments" about my fast "looking" bike as you pass me....o.k.?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations Homer J, you will not be disappointed.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [MDS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the help, here is what I wound up with,

http://www.gravelytalk.com/Devin%20Bike%20002b.jpg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike HomerJ. It looks a lot like my Guru Crono, except you head tube is a lot taller than mine. How tall are you?

mp
Quote Reply