Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elite (Direto) replacement belts?
Quote | Reply
Broke the drive belt off a Elite Direto last night. I looked all over Elites website and in the forums and could not see anything about buying replacement parts/belt. I sent them an email, but since they are in Italy.....and with delivery delays recently it could take some time before I see a belt. Any one know can replacement belts be bought directly in the US////or has anyone had success just trying to match the belt up at the local auto parts store?
Quote Reply
Re: Elite (Direto) replacement belts? [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a facebook page for the Elite Direto, I'd look at that or ask there. So far my belt has been ok but I have to admit I'm wishing I bought a Neo.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite (Direto) replacement belts? [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks....joined and will ask. I like the Direto (no complaints), but then again it was my 1st smart trainer and I bought it for less than 1/2 price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contact elite. They'll ask for pictures. You'll receive a new belt from them in about a week.

They have excellent service, unfortunately there's a design flaw in the gen 1 that leads to premature belt failure. They've been very good about issuing replacement belts and pulleys. Haven't heard about failures in the replacements yet.

They'll be making replacement belts available to buy soon.

Again: first step should be to contact their customer service
Quote Reply
Re: Elite (Direto) replacement belts? [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carlosflanders wrote:
Contact elite. They'll ask for pictures. You'll receive a new belt from them in about a week.

They have excellent service, unfortunately there's a design flaw in the gen 1 that leads to premature belt failure. They've been very good about issuing replacement belts and pulleys. Haven't heard about failures in the replacements yet.

Thru the FB group noted above I found a distributor in the US.....already have a replacement belt on the way. I've heard about the belt issues.......I bought the trainer slightly used, I'm on my 3rd winter of use and around 7,000 miles so not going to complain about a broken belt......although I did order a spare to have on hand now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MKirk wrote:
carlosflanders wrote:

Thru the FB group noted above I found a distributor in the US.....already have a replacement belt on the way. I've heard about the belt issues.......I bought the trainer slightly used, I'm on my 3rd winter of use and around 7,000 miles so not going to complain about a broken belt......although I did order a spare to have on hand now.

Can you share that distributor? Not on Facebook and I've got a 1st gen Direto (original owner) going on my 4th winter with it. It has been good to me but just would like one on hand for a swap with minimal down time as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to know you got it sorted out. That FB group is a huge boon to direto owners.
Quote Reply