Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Electric razor recommendations?
Quote | Reply
I'll start by saying that I did a search of this site, and I didn't find anything. However I know that this has been covered before, so I apologize to those who find this boring. I also did a search online, and found so many razors, most of which have 5 star reviews, that my head was spinning.

I've been thinking about going electric for a while, but my utter lack of knowledge regarding electric razors has held me back, and I don't want to spend $100+ on a razor to find it doesn't work for me.

Let me say this: I want it to shave my face, not my entire body. (I know, now I've lost everybody.) I am hairy like the monkey. I shave when I get up at 4:00 and have a shadow after Master's swim, at 6:00. So hairy, in fact, that when I go to the zoo, the monkeys cry, the children laugh, and the old folks call me Magilla. So hairy that at the end of the FirmMan race this year, the announcer said, "Congratulations Sasquatch! You're a hairy bast- er, Half-Ironman!"

Any recommendations anyone can make are appreciated. Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Electric razor recommendations? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll bite: buy the one that fits ;)

I used to have a 3-rotating-head Philips razor. The result was OK but shaving was not the best experience because it pulls the hair before cutting it. I now switched to a Braun model (I have the one with the alcohol based cleaning unit). It shaves as good as the Philips one, but without the dreaded pulling effect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Braun 5414 or similar mid-range model. I have one at work and one at home. I had to buy new blades and screen after 3 yrs, which isn 't bad as far as I'm concerned. My brother has had the same Braun for 11 years, again with new blades every once in a while.

Can't say enough about their durability and function.

Good Luck...T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Braun mid-range model. It's got the pop-up "mower" that I use first. I don't shave on Fridays (casual day!), so by Monday morning it's too long for the regular shaver heads. The "mower" also works on legs when I want to go to a race and look studly during bike check-in.

Then the rest of the razor does a nice simple servicable job getting everything smooth.
Quote Reply