Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Egan Bernal broke his face.
Quote | Reply

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...san-sebastian-crash/

The kid is a bona fide PHEnom. Rides the entire TdF no problem. Then this. Really sucks for him. And Landa too.
Quote Reply
Re: Egan Bernal broke his face. [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On top of being perhaps the best young rider in the world, he's also a very nice, smart and polite person by all accounts. Crashes like this are a shame, but it's part of racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Egan Bernal broke his face. [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiro11 wrote:
Crashes like this are a shame, but it's part of racing.

Clearly, there is a Global Gravity Crisis

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was really sad to hear this last night. Hopefully it is "only bone" and there is no traumatic brain injury that comes with it. I had both at the same time in 2011. The bone and skin part can heal reasonably fast. The latter depending on the situation can be years. Hopefully none of the latter scenario.

Did Sky have him on deck for the Vuelta squad?
Quote Reply
Re: Egan Bernal broke his face. [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Did Sky have him on deck for the Vuelta squad?

Don’t know. He seems like a natural for the Vuelta but I hope they weren’t throwing him in there this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also it seems like Movistar is talking about perhaps Landa being at the start line for Vuelta 3 weeks after a cracked L1 at San Sebastien. Seems like with 3 weeks not much at all to recover he'd not be very competitive at the Vuelta (at least weeks 1 and week 2)....but maybe by week 3 the rest plus ramp up post TdF + San Sebastien crash and he's on fire, but it seems minimally first 10 days he would be quit rusty.
Quote Reply
Re: Egan Bernal broke his face. [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Also it seems like Movistar is talking about perhaps Landa being at the start line for Vuelta 3 weeks after a cracked L1 at San Sebastien. Seems like with 3 weeks not much at all to recover he'd not be very competitive at the Vuelta (at least weeks 1 and week 2)....but maybe by week 3 the rest plus ramp up post TdF + San Sebastien crash and he's on fire, but it seems minimally first 10 days he would be quit rusty.
No, they said his participation wasn't yet ruled out until he recovered and was reevaluated, which is different. I would bet that ghe squad will now look very different. Hopefully that leaves space for someone like Nelson Oliveira who has a great engine to lead the pack and toe the line until it hits >10%, even if he would have been of more help at the tour.
Quote Reply
Re: Egan Bernal broke his face. [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
hiro11 wrote:
Crashes like this are a shame, but it's part of racing.

Clearly, there is a Global Gravity Crisis

LOL!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just read today that he had a "'small brain bleed". Hopefully small in a place that is easy to recover from. Generally there is nothing really "small" when it comes to brain stuff. You never know how something small affects something big. I hope it has no effect.
Quote Reply