Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Effed up carbon seat post on Orbea Ora
Quote | Reply
So to make a long story short, the original bike shop that did my original fit cut the seat post on my 2007 Orbea Ora too short. I went to get the bike refitted yesterday and the guy was shocked at how low the old fit was. We moved the seat up, which made a noticeable difference in terms of both comfort and power. The fitter thinks my seat needs to go another 1 cm higher, but we are already at the minimum insertion point (heh, heh....) as indicated on the seat post.

Is it OK to risk it and move the seat 1 cm beyond the minimum insertion point, or is that too risky? The bike shop that did this fit is actually not an Orbea dealer so I don't think they were trying to just sell me some expensive seat post.
Quote Reply
Re: Effed up carbon seat post on Orbea Ora [UrsusAdiposimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The problem comes from the fact that you will be putting more stress on both the seat post and frame. It might be ok and you get away with it, but it might break..and warrenty wont cover this.

Just get a new seat post, those arent expensive or perhaps get a saddle with higher stack. And that is a good reason to move a ISM saddles and you will thank me for it!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with our resident Jonnyo, I wouldnt do it. A sudden unexpected pothole or other impact could cause something nasty to happen to seatpost and/or frame and then no warranty and perhaps some missing body parts...........
At least you dont have an integrated seat mast. :-)

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: Effed up carbon seat post on Orbea Ora [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what's the best way to adjust the forward tilt on the ora's with the adamo already on? There's not much room to work under there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you still have the seatpost?
Quote Reply
Re: Effed up carbon seat post on Orbea Ora [noRunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be amazed, the post is almost 10 years old.
Quote Reply
Re: Effed up carbon seat post on Orbea Ora [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I.e. Ed one ;(
Quote Reply