Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Edge 130: why do you like/dislike it?
Quote | Reply
I've never owned a cycling computer and have been using my 920xt instead. I mostly like the idea of having more available fields for viewing on a single screen. What are your specific or general thoughts on this device? Thanks!
A *kind of* nice feature might be the ability to control my CycleOps Hammer but that's pretty far from essential.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 130: why do you like/dislike it? [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked that it was small and did everything my old Edge 500 did but with a beter screen. Uploading the ride files and updating with bluetooth on the phone was super slow and the 130 did not recognise my Pioneer power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 130: why do you like/dislike it? [marcelflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcelflash wrote:
I liked that it was small and did everything my old Edge 500 did but with a beter screen. Uploading the ride files and updating with bluetooth on the phone was super slow and the 130 did not recognise my Pioneer power meter.

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one and use it with my p1 pedals. As far as a small easy to use computer it is amazing. I am a big fan of it, but I have not owned the other more powerful edge units. It has a lot of features that the more expensive units have but it is lacking some that I would like to have. 1. left right balance on the pedals. 2. The ability to add best bike split app for racing/training. Other than that it is a great bike computer. DCRainmaker did a great review I would head that direction.
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 130: why do you like/dislike it? [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
I have one and use it with my p1 pedals. As far as a small easy to use computer it is amazing. I am a big fan of it, but I have not owned the other more powerful edge units. It has a lot of features that the more expensive units have but it is lacking some that I would like to have. 1. left right balance on the pedals. 2. The ability to add best bike split app for racing/training. Other than that it is a great bike computer. DCRainmaker did a great review I would head that direction.

Yep, I've read all of his reviews on garmin bike computers since 2013. The 130 seems to be the best option for me, so I was curious about how it's fared over a multiple longer periods of time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It;s small but very easy to read. I like the fact that it's so easily customized but still clearly understood. between the large number of fields available and the multiple pages i don't sacrifice any data at all.

I don't like the fact that i can't alter the speed at which auto pause kicks in. When i'm grinding up steep hills on the MTB it can pause for a while when i'm clearly still moving. My Garmin 200 had the ability to change the autopause speed downwards to what works for me.

Overall, i really like it.

Quote Reply