Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Any word on what happened to Ed Baker?

Strained left hip-flexor during run. Too painful to continue.
Last edited by: lanierb: Oct 15, 18 10:57
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lanierb wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Any word on what happened to Ed Baker?

Strained left hip-flexor during run. Too painful to continue.

We needed a video to confirm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cYoRexEkkY
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL (at the need for a video, not at the result).
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [Derekl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The omerta in cycling pales in comparison to triathlon. No one bats an eye while pretending that something that is either a lie or an abnormality achievable only by exogenous means is actually perfectly normal because he was a fast runner years ago. Ah well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why making this short video with the baby? I don't understand the image he wants to project
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anakinpm wrote:
Why making this short video with the baby? I don't understand the image he wants to project
First thing I noticed too. I guess that he's just a regular family guy, busy dad, working the 9-to-5, trains when he has time? He' a nice athlete. I can see why some are a little tuned off. To each their own. The marketing/success at all costs types aren't my cup of tea, but no one can say he isn't putting in the work.
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should check out this guy's history. He's a young ex-Uber and Facebook top executive with millions in the bank who a year or so ago quit his jobs and started training like a pro.

That's why the short video with the baby is not a coincidence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand that. Everything with this guy is strategic. His 9-to-5 is his training now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why making this short video with the baby? I don't understand the image he wants to project.

Really? I think it's pretty clear the image he wants to project.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anakinpm wrote:
You should check out this guy's history. He's a young ex-Uber and Facebook top executive with millions in the bank who a year or so ago quit his jobs and started training like a pro.

That's why the short video with the baby is not a coincidence.

Quit/was run out of town. Same same?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anakinpm wrote:

This was my first thought when watching the video. Next thought was how politicians love pictures of them kissing babies. It comes across as awkward and contrived.
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
anakinpm wrote:

This was my first thought when watching the video. Next thought was how politicians love pictures of them kissing babies. It comes across as awkward and contrived.

you guys are stalking now.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
anakinpm wrote:

Actually it popped up in my Youtube, "recommended for you". Probably because I watched the first vid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
Slowman wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
anakinpm wrote:

Actually it popped up in my Youtube, "recommended for you". Probably because I watched the first vid.

I enjoyed Ed's first video and "subscribed" to his youtube channel, so it popped up on my subscriptions list. I wish Ed all the luck in the world on his Triathlon pursuits; however, I've un-subscribed after watching this last video.
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
anakinpm wrote:

On my recommended too, Ive followed this thread, so I get your sensitivity but we're not stalking. He PUT A VIDEO OUT! We're not stalking he's the exhibitionist
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [DimaP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DimaP wrote:
Slowman wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
anakinpm wrote:

On my recommended too, Ive followed this thread, so I get your sensitivity but we're not stalking. He PUT A VIDEO OUT! We're not stalking he's the exhibitionist

for better or worse, right or wrong, righteous or not, the most important element to your reply is that you get my sensitivity. about a half-dozen people who were posting here last week aren't posting here this week because i don't reel you guys back until you're already waaaaay out there. and, nobody thinks he's waaaaay out there. which is why those half-dozen guys are so far out there you can't see their posts anymore. thank you for understanding.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
I think you can argue cycling is a little more technical than running...
huh?

Cycling = push on the pedals and steer
Do you think "technical" means it has mechanical parts and numbers associated with it?
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, does Ed Baker still work for Zwift as the 2018 article mentions?
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upstaterun wrote:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/uberedbaker/

Investor / Advisor
Zwift
Dates Employed 2016 – Present
Employment Duration 5 yrs
Zwift is a massively multiplayer online cycling and running game and training program that enables users to interact, train and compete in a virtual world.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upstaterun wrote:
More to the point, is he continuing enjoying racing (and training)?
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just here to say i really miss pubes, h20fun and talbot
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:
I'm just here to say i really miss pubes, h20fun and talbot

Well, Talbot was on the list of people to be using AskAnything. So if you miss him that much.....

"Other athletes, pros and experts on the app include: Taylor Spivey, Nino Schurter, Vincent Luis, Dan Loran, Jonny Brownlee, Dr. Dan Plews, Katie Zaferes, Tim Don, Mario Mola, Emma Pallant-Browne, Tim O’Donnell, Laura Siddall, Ben Kanute, Rudy Von Berg, Paula Findlay, Joe Skipper, Ben Hoffman, Sam Appleton, Chelsea Sodaro, Craig Alexander, Mark Allen, Reece Barclay, Emma Frodeno, Tommy Zaferes, Eric Lagerstrom and Talbot Cox."
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't there a sports illustrated or ESPN guy upset that Lance got nominated for sportsman of the year saying that 'cycling isn't even a real sport, you just hold the bars and pump the pedals up and down'

Ai_1 wrote:
mungub50 wrote:
huh?

Do you think "technical" means it has mechanical parts and numbers associated with it?
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [Lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lacticturkey wrote:
Wasn't there a sports illustrated or ESPN guy upset that Lance got nominated for sportsman of the year saying that 'cycling isn't even a real sport, you just hold the bars and pump the pedals up and down'

Ai_1 wrote:
mungub50 wrote:
huh?

Context is important.
Please don't equate me with some ESPN guy that thinks cycling isn't a real sport. That wasn't the thrust of my comment at all. If it was, anyone saying swimming is mire technical than running must be anti running?
Quote Reply
Re: Ed Baker Produced a Video about Ed Baker [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
"Other athletes, pros and experts on the app include: Taylor Spivey, Nino Schurter, Vincent Luis, Dan Loran, Jonny Brownlee, Dr. Dan Plews, Katie Zaferes, Tim Don, Mario Mola, Emma Pallant-Browne, Tim O’Donnell, Laura Siddall, Ben Kanute, Rudy Von Berg, Paula Findlay, Joe Skipper, Ben Hoffman, Sam Appleton, Chelsea Sodaro, Craig Alexander, Mark Allen, Reece Barclay, Emma Frodeno, Tommy Zaferes, Eric Lagerstrom and Talbot Cox."

I wonder if they have it in the contract that they're not allowed to answer questions outside the app? I'm assuming no, which means they're getting paid per question rather than per month?

Like, this shows you how little money there is in triathlon.

Also, paying $15 a month to be told to eat almost no carbs and lots of fat, that cracks me up. I wonder why anybody is still treating Plews seriously.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply

Prev Next