Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Easy Zwift question
Quote | Reply
I couldn’t find an answer googling, but tomorrow for my birthday I’m gonna ride The Uber Pretzel on Zwift. Part of the reason is I want a bunch of XP, so I was wondering if switching your bike (mountain bike in the jungle, climbing bike for the Alpe, etc) has any effect on whether you get credit for the route or not.

Thanks!

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Easy Zwift question [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No impact. You'll still get the badge
Quote Reply
Re: Easy Zwift question [awobabobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I thought not, but wanted to be sure.

Dan Mayberry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has no impact other than you losing time when you stop to swap. If I were you I would ride it all on decently aero/ light bike with shallow wheels like Zipp 303 or Enve 3/4 or Lightweight
Quote Reply
Re: Easy Zwift question [awobabobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d be careful. The only time Zwift took a wrong turning when I was completing a route badge was when I swapped bike (may not be related but I wouldn’t be risking it on a longer course).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're doing it for XP, make sure you go back down the Alpe before ending the ride. 8 more miles, zero pedaling.

Cheers,
Ginger

https://www.instagram.com/gingerhowellracing/
If you find yourself thinking "What if I can't", instead think "What if I can!"
Quote Reply
Re: Easy Zwift question [gingersnaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gingersnaps wrote:
If you're doing it for XP, make sure you go back down the Alpe before ending the ride. 8 more miles, zero pedaling.

Cheers,
Ginger

You don't even need to be on your bike, just get up to speed then supertuck and ~12min. later your avatar stops between the start of the climb and the arch that leads to the Jungle Loop.

Given the relatively small time savings from different equipment, not sure segment-specific swap outs will save that much time vs a good all-around bike (Tron bike or aero road frame with 3.4s).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Easy Zwift question [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I did a bit of googling and got the keyboard shortcuts sorted and I went Tarmac Pro/Meilenstein, Specialized mountain bike, Zwift concept for the rest when I left the jungle. I only lost a few seconds on each. Also I’m not gonna set the course record...3h22...Come on. It was mainly just to make the trip as easy as possible. I just hate using a road bike in the Jungle.

They gave me the badge and the huge amount XP. ...and you better believe I coasted back down the Alpe.

Funny. I assumed that I’d have the toughest ride in my Strava feed for the last few days, but when I opened it up, right below me sat Roman Bardet who had just completed a 185km ride with 5000 meters of vertical. C’est La vie.

Dan Mayberry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great stuff
Quote Reply