Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Easiest Way to Make a Smart Trainer like a Dumb Trainer
Quote | Reply
I am planning to do a Peloton Live Ride with a couple friends that have Peloton bikes. I will be using the Peloton app while riding on my smart trainer. For this ride, I want my smart trainer to simulate the resistance curve of a typical dumb trainer. I have a Tacx Neo 2 and normally use Trainer Road.

What is the easiest way to make my Tacx Neo 2 behave like a dumb trainer with an exponential, speed-based resistance curve? (The Peloton app cannot connect to a smart trainer or a power meter, it is really only the instructor video on my end.)
Quote Reply
Re: Easiest Way to Make a Smart Trainer like a Dumb Trainer [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think what you are looking for is this: https://support.garmin.com/...GLpN2cbC0tOf6ZQ4Pp99 (Garmin owns Tacx hence the information being hosted on Garmin)

The question your asking implies you want the trainer to respond like a fluid trainer so that is isokinetic. The trainer ramps resistance to prevent you from reaching high speed. It may be more useful to use the isotonic setting and adjust the power targets on the fly.
Quote Reply
Re: Easiest Way to Make a Smart Trainer like a Dumb Trainer [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I had no idea those settings were in the Tacx utility app. I will experiment with that. At a glance, the isokinetic seems like it might be different from a dumb trainer curve, like it might have a more extreme exponential ramp-up as you approach the limit speed. Whereas, a dumb trainer curve does not have a hard speed limit.
Quote Reply
Re: Easiest Way to Make a Smart Trainer like a Dumb Trainer [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can run Zwift in the background with the trainer difficulty setting set to 0%. This gives you the load response of a flat road regardless of the route you are riding.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply