Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
EPO - Boost
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with EPO - Boost? It's supposed to increase the presence of a hormone resulting in increased production or red blood cells (RBC)'s. Of course the more RBC the more Oxygen transport..........
Quote Reply
Re: EPO - Boost [VectorTFL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Slowtwitch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure thing. Worked great. I shoved it up my ass. Just like I wish I could shove your spam up yours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is just echinacea.
It doesn't do anything: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC5067421/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VectorTFL wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with EPO - Boost? It's supposed to increase the presence of a hormone resulting in increased production or red blood cells (RBC)'s. Of course the more RBC the more Oxygen transport..........

Made all my hair fall out and caused some insane GI issues. Simultaneously. Wouldn't recommend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on the accompanying GI distress, I think "EPO" stands for Every Particle Out. Comes out so fast it's like rocket boosters.

VectorTFL wrote:
Hi,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VectorTFL wrote:
Hi,

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that what the terrorists were drinking before they flew the planes into the towers?
Quote Reply
Re: EPO - Boost [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so far, this thread has not disappointed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From Urban Dictionary

TFL
Total Freaking Loser

I asked her to dance and she said "TFL" as she turned and walked into the dark.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Last edited by: hadukla: Feb 14, 19 15:50
Quote Reply
Re: EPO - Boost [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took EPO Boost, and I had a big surge in RBC.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see how much my performance improved. I had so many new RBC that my blood looked like Ragu.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It made me bleed from my dick. Is it supposed to do that? Do you like bloody dicks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And you don't know how to change a tire, but you're asking about some esoteric supplement?

Please stick around, if only for comic relief ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: EPO - Boost [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you’re looking for athletes to sponsor I’ve got a good pal named Lance that’s interested. Just throwing it out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in some countries, epo may be prescribed to help with births .. but what do men know ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: EPO - Boost [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
It is just echinacea.
It doesn't do anything: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC5067421/

Apparently it does something (another review : https://www.highya.com/epo-boost-reviews )
It "flush your money down the toilet"
Quote Reply
Re: EPO - Boost [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
in some countries, epo may be prescribed to help with births .. but what do men know ..

...but this is not EPO. It is a herb that claims to boost endogenous EPO production. The only problem is that it doesn't do that.
Quote Reply
Re: EPO - Boost [nilloc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nilloc wrote:
Based on the accompanying GI distress, I think "EPO" stands for Every Particle Out. Comes out so fast it's like rocket boosters.

Maybe it should be marketed at a weight loss supplement? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oops! Must have entered the "Children's Forum" by mistake. Definitely won't be back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VectorTFL wrote:
Oops! Must have entered the "Children's Forum" by mistake. Definitely won't be back.

Yep

registered in ST the 14 february 2019
leaving ST the 15 february 2019

what a successful marketing campaign

Nobody stupi... euh... interested, really ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a study that showed a boost in RBC from taking echinacia (spelling)
No study has shown a performance boost that I know of.
The product takes one piece of data, slaps a flashy (druggy) sounding name and label.
Maybe the herb does do something but and its a Big but there's no evidence and no controls for the contents. So even if the herb did work. There's no guarantee that the product actually contains what it says it does.
Quote Reply
Re: EPO - Boost [bluntandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is mention of this in the link I supply in post 17
Apparently the study was done with huge quantities of echinacea, under medical control.

The BS product proposed have much much less. Will just do nothing. Except to your wallet :-)
Quote Reply
Re: EPO - Boost [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But wouldn't the reduced weight of your wallet increase your watts per kilo?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone has money to burn, wants to try out a banned substance but is scared to risk WADA, I have a new product called "Placebo Boost" (trademark pending) that will do absolutely nothing, trigger no urine tests, not hurt your ass, but does cost a lot of money. Actually, all you get is the label to put on your own pill bottle, it's cheaper to mail that way.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Re: EPO - Boost [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David_Tris wrote:
If anyone has money to burn, wants to try out a banned substance but is scared to risk WADA, I have a new product called
"Placebo Boost" (trademark pending) that will do absolutely nothing, trigger no urine tests, not hurt your ass, but does cost a lot of money. Actually, all you get is the label to put on your own pill bottle, it's cheaper to mail that way.

You may be on to something.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC3008733/

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the original poster was asking about a product made by BRL Sports (https://brlsports.com/pages/epo-boost) called EPO-Boost. It's a legal echinacea and iron supplement that they say can increase red blood cells. Erythropoietin is a hormone naturally produced by your kidneys. This product is marketed as a supplement that helps the body create more without taking illegal drugs.

I think most posters probably assumed that the OP was asking about the synthetic EPO that dopers inject.
Quote Reply

Prev Next