Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

EN vs Tridot
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience with both, looking for recommendations.

A group of guys training for same race very different goals, so hard to really narrow down. I want to make sure there is enough to help me improve on a very average swim. Others have different key areas. Just looking for general feedback from users before trying.
Quote Reply
Re: EN vs Tridot [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any experience with Tridot but I did spend several years with EN.

If you can't/won't pay the big monthly bucks (or a 6 month commitment) to an individual coach, you can't go wrong with the guys at EN.

The number of plans you can choose from for whatever endurance freaky thing gets you going, the number of brilliant endurance geeks who do a great job supporting u with answers and tips, the quick responses from the coaches, ....I could go on and on.

And, all are welcome and treated the same. KQ beasts and beastettes to brand noobies. It's a very strong community that gets the results that they advertise! Great bang for the buck.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Re: EN vs Tridot [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great appreciate the feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spent a few months with EN, it was all I could stand.
Quote Reply
Re: EN vs Tridot [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol, care to elaborate?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Promised something special, only delivered their standard product, delivered it two weeks late, overcharged me, bitched at me for trying to contact them while they were watching Obama's inauguration.

They did make good on the overcharging issue. I'm sure they'll be on here soon to answer your questions.

Edit: Since I just found out a certain person is no longer associated with them they're probably much better now.
Last edited by: jaretj: Oct 12, 18 2:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training Peaks.... I have never understood Tri dot

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think TriDOT is a waste. I tried it out. They say they use all these algorithms and customize it to you. I'm not sure exactly what they do, but you get the same set-up purchasing a plan on training peaks for a fraction of the cost. Also, if you do the coaching, they don't really personalize anything for you. They do the same training plan, but you can email and call them and get some tips on racing. I wouldn't do it again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not try Endurance Nation? They have a free trial. Look around. See what you think and walk away if you don't feel it is valuable. Obviously it works well for some people, but certainly not everyone. Decide for yourself. Now if you need swim technique help an online product is not going to do it. But it could work with some local swim instruction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endurance Nation definitely. Agree with above poster. Been with them for several years. If you are looking for traditional approach to long course training, QT2 Systems Mission Plans. Have been with them and absolutely hands down my favorite. Just have to find you what suits you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EN states they have 60+ plans to choose from, so my understanding is that they basically operate off of template plans already written and then the athlete chooses which plan they feel will be best for them.

TriDot uses big data analytics and predictive and prescriptive analytics to leverage 15+ years of data acquisition to create training specific for each individual. Each training phase considers over 11,000 calculations to ensure each athlete's potential is realized while maintaining proper recovery. Once the plan is created, thousands of data points within each training file are analyzed to continually ensure maximum results and recovery. TriDot improves every day through the utilization of artificial intelligence and analysis of over 1 million training files per year. TriDot utilizes technology very similar to those that we use on a daily basis in 21st century life. Despite complex things like algorithms, AI, and big data, it is actually very simple for athletes to use. There is also a full time support staff available in addition to the coaches. Disclaimer- I am a member of that support staff

Each year we evaluate the effectiveness of training wit TriDot vs other means. In 2017 we followed 512 athletes racing 12 US Ironman races and established their fitness level and race ability in the preseason months and then followed actual race results. The athletes training with TriDot improved their race potential by an average of 61 minutes more than those that did not train with TriDot and trained an average of 30% fewer hours. The DNF rate was also 2.5x lower. More on that is available at https://tridot.com/...ason_project_results

TriDot offers a free test drive and subscription options starting at $9.99/ mo
Last edited by: jmayfield: Oct 13, 18 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: EN vs Tridot [jmayfield] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just a note to the op that the EN plans cover a wide range of endurance goals meshed with ability and time available. And, the progress of those plans are watched closely. The athlete's upcoming week or even more macro time period can be modified as needed with a quick turnaround time once the athlete brings up those concerns in the EN community/forums.

I just wanted to clarify that so that anyone shopping for a team/coach wouldn't be put off by thinking that they would be paying for a mass produced plan and then turned loose with nothing more than cool discounts or gear to speak for the team agenda. The communication in EN is one of their stronger 'X'factors.

your Tridot team sounds solid, great results to be proud of. This wasn't an attempt to say which is better because that is such an individual call. I just wanted to shed some light on how those plans really 'work' inside the EN structure.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Last edited by: morpheus: Oct 13, 18 17:21
Quote Reply