Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ENVE Foundation 45 Front 65 Rear
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts/experience on running a setup with ENVE Foundation 45 in the front and 65 in the rear? I see that MyBikeShop is offering that configuration for sale and am pondering a new set of aero wheels for my Parlee Altum Disc LE. The idea is that the wheels will potentially be used on an new Tri bike in the future. No one else offers this setup so was wondering if it makes sense or go with just 65s or pay out the extra and buy ENVE SES 5.6.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Foundation 45 Front 65 Rear [NE_1064] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a great question. If I were getting that set, I'd definitely want the shallower front wheel to have. I often swap to a shallower front wheel, and I've always wished that it were easier to do this with ENVE wheels. I myself have older ENVE 6.7's and new ENVE 3.4's, and running the "3.7" configuration works well when it's windy.

I've also had the older 8.9's, and running the "3.9" combination (front from the 3.4 and rear from the 8.9) worked great in most conditions. Rarely is the rear wheel a problem in windy conditions, while having the shallower front wheel is quite reassuring and easier to handle. It is great to know that the front-rear combo you describe is available – I will check it out when I eventually get nicer wheels for disc-brakes road!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it might be used on a tt bike, I'd probably just go with the 65 set. A 60mm front wheel is pretty standard, shouldn't cause a whole lot of handling issues, and a 45 is shallower than I'd want. You could then either save up for a disc to pair with the front 65 or figure out some sort of disc cover for the rear and then you'd really be set.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of the two, I’d go with the 5.6 wheels. You already sprung for a Parlee. What’s another few $100 in the grand scheme. The 5.6 will give you more options for tires. With the Foundation wheels you can’t run GP5K TL.

If you expand your options and run tubes, I’d go with the new Roval Rapides. I’ve had 5.6, 404 NSW, 808 NWS, 858 NSW and many others. The Rovals handle the best and are a very aero do it all wheel set.
Quote Reply