Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Drop Bar Recommendations?
Quote | Reply
Granted this may not be the best site to seek advise on traditional road bars but I need to find a new set that feel/fit right. I am looking for some that have minimal drop from the tops through to the "hoods" position. I bought a pair of Syntace RaceLite bars that although are light weight and good quality, have too much drop for my liking. Guess I am looking for the old school type "non ergo" bars. I use road bars on my Kestrel 200 for off season riding and more technical races (ie, Donner Lake Tri) then switch to another stem/cowhorn bar set up for flatter races.

Has anyone tried the kestel carbon fiber bars? I see they are approved for clip on aerobars but will the clip ons slide up and down more than on aluminum handlebars? Thanks!

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Drop Bar Recommendations? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Kestrel's on my road bike for almost 2 years, including using clipons - jammers. They are very nice bars, and I've had no problems with slippage or anything.

Be aware that these are not a shallow drop though, and are a "semi-ergo" bar, if that makes sense. You may need to find something else that fits your needs a bit better

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply