Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Don't throw away your rollers! [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that appears to put that debate to bed!
Thanks for sharing the data
Quote Reply
Re: Don't throw away your rollers! [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't see your graph/chart... I'm guessing there was little to no difference as you can't tell the difference which was which?
Quote Reply
Re: Don't throw away your rollers! [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. Two sets of data points scattered in fairly coherent bands of speed against power. The two sets appear to adhere to a pretty much identical speed/power relationship especially in the 100-300W range where most of the data lies.
Last edited by: Ai_1: Mar 14, 18 4:42
Quote Reply
Re: Don't throw away your rollers! [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Correct. Two sets of data points scattered in fairly coherent bands of speed against power. The two sets appear to adhere to a pretty much identical speed/power relationship especially in the 100-300W range where most of the data lies.
Okay... I guess that does put that to bed then.

I can tell you that a slight grade can make them a bit more challenging to ride. I was fighting mine with my bike always wanting to go left... so I stuck a level on one of the rollers and sure enough my basement floor has a slight grade to it. Small block of wood under that sides feet and I don't spend an hour(or whatever) staying balanced and the bike running left... ever so slightly.
Quote Reply
Re: Don't throw away your rollers! [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready to be crushed but this was me last night on rollers for the first time.
I havn't been on this forum in 5 years- do you still:

tell people their seat is too high
comment on the room decor
callout chainring placement for bike photos
mention the dog in the background
etc, etc, etc

Go easy, this was just for fun but I was amazed how easy this was to get the hang of and I think that is where experienced road riding translates back to the rollers as well.

Have fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Don't throw away your rollers! [michael.coburn7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job... my first time wasn't so pretty as I was a relatively new rider all together. I rode in my basement where I still ride beside a support pole. It was like riding my bike on a sheet of ice... or that was my experience. I ended up clutching the pole and/or on the floor a few times, that would have been a fun video to watch.

It was a Christmas gift from my wife so two things...

1. She wasn't sure it was a good idea to ride "those things" with no one in the house
2. I wasn't going to let them whoop me

It took me like three separate 15 minute sessions until I figured it out... spinning in a bigger gear and looking were good techniques I figured out. I then moved onto to no hands, watching movies, that sort of thing. I really don't care about roller tricks but drinking and that sort of thing requires you taking your hands of the bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
michael.coburn7 wrote:

etc, etc, etc

Go easy, this was just for fun but I was amazed how easy this was to get the hang of and I think that is where experienced road riding translates back to the rollers as well.

Have fun!
You look great. The thing is, rollers amplify and provide quick feedback about problems that also exist on the road. And frankly I'd suspect you're solid and smooth on the road already. Some people are really not riding right on the road, and while they can often "get away" with it there, they could do better. Rollers force the issue.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Don't throw away your rollers! [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just waiting for someone to open the door ;-)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
michael.coburn7 wrote:

etc, etc, etc

Have fun!

Great job - you're a natural!

Now you gotta do the best, most useful roller move - the look back over your shoulder for cars move while on rollers. Seriously, this is the BEST roller trick, meaning that it has direct real-world application.

When you get good at this, you will be able to ride looking backwards for minutes+ while on the rollers, you don't even have to look down/forward.

I'll bet you'll pick this up in less than 3 days if you give it a go, but it's well worth it. Especially if you right in close quarters, like elbow to elbow with other riders, or on a tiny shoulder.
Quote Reply
Re: Don't throw away your rollers! [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good one, it is a closet so I was good but that would have made this video go viral!
Quote Reply
Re: Don't throw away your rollers! [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will do that look over the shoulder trick. Thanks for the tip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Inside Ride Rollers are tough to beat.
Quote Reply

Prev Next