Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Does cannondale still sell tri bikes?
Quote | Reply
Does cannondale still offer any tri bikes, went to their website and cannot see any triathlon offerings. Are there any bikes coming? Or, am I going to to wrong spot?
Thanks.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Does cannondale still offer any tri bikes, went to their website and cannot see any triathlon offerings. Are there any bikes coming? Or, am I going to to wrong spot?
Thanks.

It's weird. The new Slice never really had a proper release despite being seen for well over a year, and now appears to have faded away.

Cannondale hired Damon Rinard three years ago now, and Cannondale doesn't have a single aero bike of any kind? Does he still work there?

There has to be a story behind that.
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Thanks.

It's weird. The new Slice never really had a proper release despite being seen for well over a year, and now appears to have faded away.

Cannondale hired Damon Rinard three years ago now, and Cannondale doesn't have a single aero bike of any kind? Does he still work there?

Isn't Dorel (parent company to Cannondale) losing money hand over fist right now? It could be as simple as not wanting to sink the money into the first batch of a new frameset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And likely related, they're dropping sponsored triathletes. Potts and Vesterby, at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Thanks.

That's really kinda strange. Even if they didn't have a tri-specific bike, they would still need a TT bike for the ProTour guys.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyrahna wrote:
Isn't Dorel (parent company to Cannondale) losing money hand over fist right now? It could be as simple as not wanting to sink the money into the first batch of a new frameset.

Perhaps.

But, if the development work has already been done, and the molds already exist, and the costs have already been sunk (like for the disc-equipped Slice?), one would think that it would be kinda crazy to now not to make the bike available.

Unless, of course, there is something else to this story.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They replied to a facebook comment the other day saying a new tri bike will be here this year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No links from the home page, but via Google you can find this:
http://www.cannondale.com/...16-87e9-dc291349c80c
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [SMJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then maybe this can partially explain Cannondale's situation (Dorel's stock value):
Past year stock value

Previous five year stock value:

Last edited by: Billyk24: Jan 15, 18 15:43
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Things are looking up!
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I completely missed that! Potts is no longer riding a Cannondale? He was using the new super slice in Kona 2017. What about Heather Jackson?

Insta @trilorikeet
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [TriLorikeet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potts is now with Ceepo, there's a thread on that here. Vesterby is with Trek. Jackson hasn't announced anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone hinted on a different post that Jackson will be with Argon 18 this year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They had not released a decent Tri bike for years though so not a big miss anyway.. Never quite understood why Andy Potts went to Cannondale a couple of years ago to get to ride an old Slice design, which was more the go to bike for beginner triathletes than for podium contenders.

Insta @trilorikeet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackson was dropped too. So was the European based riders.
Last edited by: Billyk24: Jan 15, 18 17:14
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [TriLorikeet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriLorikeet wrote:
They had not released a decent Tri bike for years though so not a big miss anyway.. Never quite understood why Andy Potts went to Cannondale a couple of years ago to get to ride an old Slice design, which was more the go to bike for beginner triathletes than for podium contenders.

Heather jackson finished 3rd at kona on a slice. Potts and vesterby had many podiums on the slice. Chrissy wellington won kona on the old slice. Its not all about the 10 seconds saved with a super bike

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I know my Kona history... Chrissie also won on a P2, but she was so superior she may have won riding her MTB.
Still think that as a pro switching to a new brand you would look for those marginal gains (surely more than 10 secs for 180k). For the mortals I agree that value for money, robustness and simple design are also part of the equation.
Cannondale have not done a cutting edge tri bike for a while, the slice was basic and the slice RS was awful to travel with, service etc... Anyway I guess this is for another thread.

Insta @trilorikeet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vesterby will be riding Argon 18. They announced it on their website. Heather Jackson is still unannounced but it is probably going to be Argon 18 as well based on speculation.
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [Charleslo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. I got Vesterby mixed up with Helle, who will now be on the Trek. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [SMJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you open the link, and click one of the bikes, you get description like this:

Slice Hi-MOD Dura Ace Di2 (Carry-Over)

Looks stale and dead. Bummer. I like my Slice (the '08 Chrissy Wellington special) (though I'm eventually going to get a frame more friendly to Di2)
Last edited by: CharlesYTri: Jan 15, 18 21:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks - I am a Cannondale dealer and have inquired with them regularly over the past year (really ever since the pull back of the Slice RS) as to when a new tri bike would be released. For the record, I really like Cannondale - they make good bikes, they have a long history with triathlon, and their company (people) are easy to work with. I got word yesterday that a new TT bike will be launched late June or July (2018) along with entire 2019 MY product. So, they are taking a skip on 2018 with no triathlon bike products.

I hope the wait is worth it.

*** CAUTION : Poster owns a triathlon store ***

Alfred Olivetti | Go Tri Sports
http://www.gotrisports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [gotrisports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, thanks for the update.
When you spoke with them, did you hear if the disc brake Slice (the one Potts was racing on) will ever be made or released?

Greg @ dsw

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did not inquire on that bike specifically. My guess would be Yes.

*** CAUTION : Poster owns a triathlon store ***

Alfred Olivetti | Go Tri Sports
http://www.gotrisports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
TriLorikeet wrote:

Heather jackson finished 3rd at kona on a slice. Potts and vesterby had many podiums on the slice. Chrissy wellington won kona on the old slice. Its not all about the 10 seconds saved with a super bike

I felt that the last generation 2016 Slice was a very good bike for most triathletes, stable handling, easy to work as well as a couple of pounds lighter then your average super bike, I believe it was ridden to a few top 5/10 Kona finishes as well as 1:56 bike split by Andreas Dreitz so it couldn't have been that slow.
Quote Reply
Re: Does cannondale still sell tri bikes? [gotrisports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotrisports wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks - I am a Cannondale dealer ...

Any idea what is up with the SAVE system bar that was originally supposed to be on the higher end versions of the newest Synapse?

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply

Prev Next