Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does anybody know the temp of the water during Galveston 70.3 last year?
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know the temp of the water during Galveston 70.3 last year? A friend is doing it this year and took off her wetsuit during the swim last year because she got too hot. She might not wear her wetsuit this year if it's the same temp. I know, she's crazy. But I saw it with my own eyes last year and she was fine.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody know the temp of the water during Galveston 70.3 last year? [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Official temp was 69. I swam without a suit and it was fine.

The temp today was 66.9 but it was hot today so it will probably warm up a little before the start.

Wetsuit will be a game time decision for me in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody know the temp of the water during Galveston 70.3 last year? [Zachreligious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zachreligious wrote:
Official temp was 69. I swam without a suit and it was fine.

The temp today was 66.9 but it was hot today so it will probably warm up a little before the start.

Wetsuit will be a game time decision for me in the morning.

I have done it twice in the past and it's somewhere near the limit at least warm enough that it feels hot on a wetsuit but then you just put your forefinger in the neck, pull up the neoprene and let some new water in. Swimming without the wetsuit is like losing 2 minutes. Worst case wear a sleeveless suit but don't give away the free speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody know the temp of the water during Galveston 70.3 last year? [Zachreligious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everybody! I passed it on to her and it was good info.
Quote Reply