Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan?
Quote | Reply
Debate amongst yourselves.
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [martytram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If He does exist, i'm pretty sure he likes all the cyclists about the same. Except for Richard Virenque maybe.
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [martytram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Debate amongst yourselves."

As to what? Whether he exists or whether he's a Lance fan?
Quote Reply
Lance is God [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'nuff said.

"A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame and money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well." G.K. Chesterton
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]If He does exist, i'm pretty sure he likes all the cyclists about the same. Except for Richard Virenque maybe.[/reply]

and his evil sidekick Ramondas Rumsas

although I am pretty sure he prefers NASCAR :-0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...he prefers NASCAR :-0
the day racing is more important to me than making love to my wife I want someone to slap me upside my silly head "

If we reference NASCAR do we have to include other familial relationships in your signature?
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [BillT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why not as long as we seem to be visiting the theater of the absurd today?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is something bigger out there but he/she could give a crap less about cycling or anything else for that matter. that makes me like what ever it is even more.

nascar is like talking to me. a long slow painful process of decay. real car make right hand turns. watch a formula 1 race and learn something.

just to get this party strated. did jesus like 'the last temptation of christ'? if tia carerra put a move on jesus would he say no? do you love the popes hat as much as i do? would jesus fit his P3 using system one or fist? what would jesus do for a klondike bar? does jesus save? does he use double coupons to do the saving? why do birds suddenly appear everytime francois is near?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
God really does not have anything to do with Lance's success, I mean, how could he be more of a fan of Lance than Jan if they were both Christians? (note: not sure they both are even Christians)

I doubt that God watches OLN wearing a Postal jersey.

But he may have something to do with Tyler !! ............

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, god does not exist.

But I'm a Lance Armstrong fan.
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"nascar is like talking to me. a long slow painful process of decay. real car make right hand turns. watch a formula 1 race and learn something'

I'm a big Formula One and CART fan and don't know much about NASCAR. I've been a race fan for years and a driver that was around forever in some capacitiy has been AJ Foyt. But AJ was well known for his huge conceited ego in his younger days. So here's an AJ Foyt joke.

AJ Foyt is racing and he collides with a young rookie racer on the race track. The young driver dies and when he arrives at the gate and meets St. Peter he sees a race car running around the track. The young racer asks St. Peter "So AJ Foyt died and made it heaven as well?"

To which St. Peter replies " Hell no, That's God. he just thinks he's AJ Foyt."
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When one of the rules in the Bible says to "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", does this mean it's OK for masochists can beat up others?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does God exist? Kind of a silly question for a triathlon forum. The answer is yes.

Is he a fan of Lance? That's even easier - and if you're curious how I know... John 3:16

Go Lance!
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who cares? God is moot.

If you spend your whole life trying to be the best person you can be, always try your hardest, and, of course, shave a few more minutes off your splits(we ARE here for triathlon, aren't we?) then it would seem to me that gaining the unachievable approval of an artificial construct for social control based on the sufficiency of your piety rather than being judged your actions is not worth it.

I realize that this thread was started humorously, but after watching that other thread go on like an apostle seeking martyrdom, I am starting to get filled with contempt and disgust.

And don't get me started with the fact that "The Church," its policies, and its constructs resemble the teachings of Christ in no way whatsoever.

The Bible contains the collected wisdom and history of preliterate society, and has at least four layers of translation from the original when you read it today. Each interpretation represents the politics of the group in power at the time of translation(who else would have the ability to transcribe the bible in, say 900 AD?) You want to know where all the contradictions in the Bible come from? It's when a new group came to power and rewrote the book to serve their purposes. Say it with me one time: S-O-C-I-A-L C-O-N-T-R-O-L. ANY scholar worth their paper will concede that point. But true believers won't.

And you wonder where suicide bombers come from.

I'm a heretic, and I'm proud. This world is rich and full of wonder. I don't need someone to tell me that. It's not that hard to be a good person. Why make things more complicated by trying to obey a bunch of hypocritical pederasts?

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If you spend your whole life trying to be the best person you can be, always try your hardest, and, of course, shave a few more minutes off your splits(we ARE here for triathlon, aren't we?) then it would seem to me that gaining the unachievable approval of an artificial construct for social control based on the sufficiency of your piety rather than being judged your actions is not worth it."

this sentence is greatness. not because of what is said (i agree by the way) but it is the longest bestest sentence i have read in a while. i'm in the middle of 'the glass bead game' so i know long sentences. and double points for using 'artificail construct' and 'piety' in the same sentence.

by the way i loved your cd 'kill uncle' one of my favorite cd's of all time.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sooo... your god is selective? He would not root as hard for a non-christian?
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Say it with me one time: S-O-C-I-A-L C-O-N-T-R-O-L.[/reply]

Amen, brutha!

(I agree BTW)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I've read(many sources), Lance is not a believer, therefore if God does exist he would be unlikely to support him, however many times he goes up the mountain.
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [BLACKSHEEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I peronally know that our Heavenly Father exists. And that his Son Jesus Christ lives. And I know that God loves all of his children equally. Everyone has been blessed with different talents and ablities in this life. It is up to us to find our talents and use them. Such as Lance Armstrong has done with cycling. God doesn't love one cyclist more than another. My best guess is that he has a much wiser purpose for Lance and not just Lance but for everyone. Lance isn't considered more important or greater than anyone else in God's eyes. So yes, God has been with Lance as well as all of the other riders.

Cody
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [Spiderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Well I peronally know that our Heavenly Father exists"

and his name is Odin

"And that his Son Jesus Christ lives"

but his son's name is in fact Thor

It never ceases to amaze me how other people's gods must be myths but the one someone personally believes in is real.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The point that bakes my noodle is that all of the major religions are monotheistic, and largely derived from the same peoples from the same geographical area, and their core teachings are the same(check for yourself before you disagree) yet they each refuse to accept that just maybe they are all the same one God, and that therefore they should all get along in compliance with the explicit dictum of each of those religions. Instead, they brand everyone else an infidel, and have over time, used that as the reason for more bloodshed than all wars in human history.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Knock, knock....anybody home?

Anyone doing Placid this weekend? How's the taper?

Didn't this used to be a triathlon forum at one time?
Quote Reply
Re: Does God exisit? If so, is he a Lance Armstrong fan? [BLACKSHEEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't sure myself if Lance was a believer...based on what I've read, but did you notice the cross on his necklace dangling outside his jersey on his winning climb up the Luz Ardiden?? Personally I think the cancer would have killed him without a little faith. Just my two cents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See my post above.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So much for levity.
Quote Reply

Prev Next