Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do you ride the Pro Stealth on your tri bike?
Quote | Reply
I was riding the Power (143) and am now on Power Arc (143) on my road bike. Really like it, but I wouldn't say it's perfect. I've tried both on the tri bike and I also liked them, but didn't get to spend enough time on either. But trying this type of saddle in the aero position got me to rethink my saddle choices.

I've had issues with most noseless and tri specifc saddles that I've tried and the Power family seemed to get rid of those, but brought it's own issues. Since the nose is so narrow you can't ride too far forward.

So I'm thinking the Pro Stealth could be promising. Same concept as the Power, a little longer, but also a little wider in the nose, which I think would allow me to comfortably sit further forward on the saddle. I also really like the fact that the cutout is wider.

What have your experiences been? Can you compare to the Power/Power Arc?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you ride the Pro Stealth on your tri bike? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't tried the Pro Stealth, but you and I have traded messages about saddles in the past and I think we have similar 'taste' in saddles so I wanted to share my recent experience with you. I was on a Power, then Power Arc on my tri bike for all of last season, but could never get enough anterior pelvic rotation or really get very comfortable on the saddle. After my last "A" race of the season I decided to start looking for a better saddle again, and ordered a Dash Strike saddle. I just had a fitting with the saddle, so I don't have a ton of time on it, but so far it looks promising. It's narrow on the nose like the Power Arc, but it has a larger cutout so it provides more relief, and more ability to rotate the hips forward without crushing stuff that doesn't need to be crushed. Just thought I'd pass that along, FWIW.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you ride the Pro Stealth on your tri bike? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
I haven't tried the Pro Stealth, but you and I have traded messages about saddles in the past and I think we have similar 'taste' in saddles so I wanted to share my recent experience with you. I was on a Power, then Power Arc on my tri bike for all of last season, but could never get enough anterior pelvic rotation or really get very comfortable on the saddle. After my last "A" race of the season I decided to start looking for a better saddle again, and ordered a Dash Strike saddle. I just had a fitting with the saddle, so I don't have a ton of time on it, but so far it looks promising. It's narrow on the nose like the Power Arc, but it has a larger cutout so it provides more relief, and more ability to rotate the hips forward without crushing stuff that doesn't need to be crushed. Just thought I'd pass that along, FWIW.

Thanks! I appreciate you chiming in. I'll definitely keep it in mind. The price tag has always been off-putting but they've always interested me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does nobody ride this!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have ridden de pro stealth, but i ride most of my saddles in this range at the back of the saddle not so at the nose. On my tri bike with 16 cm of drop. I have no issues on the front, but the power and the stealth give rash at the wings of the saddle where the hamstrings rub at the saddle. But the pro is by far better when you ride it more in front at the nose.
‘But as the other poster said, i also have a dash strike and that goes really well. Firm, but gives you a lot of freedom. But now i’m on the prologq zero tri and that i like as well, but as said, my problem is not the perineal area, but more that i don’t want to shave my hammies at thevwings of the saddle. But the strike is really very nice and might be my go to saddle, i just need to redesign my cockpit for that saddle and on an Andean is not a 5 min job.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Does nobody ride this!?

I do, but on my road bike. So can't really answer your question.

I think the first place to start is, do you really prefer a saddle with a nose on your Tri/TT bike? Most riders now prefer a noseless saddle. Less soft tissue pressure. These saddles are also shaped differently. Standard road saddles like the Stealth are designed to work well with the "upright" position, supporting the relatively small surface area of the Ischial Tuberosity. By contrast, saddles like the ISMs and Dash Stage are designed to work well with a more aggressive position, supporting the larger (and longer) surface area of the Ischial Ramus.

Compared to other road saddles, the Stealth works very well in an aggressive position. I have them on several bikes. But it's still a road saddle, designed for road position. For the Tri/TT bike, I run and would always use a Tri/TT saddle, designed for a Tri/TT position.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Do you ride the Pro Stealth on your tri bike? [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in this boat too, I ride the Stealth on the road bike and its been the best saddle I've tried there (and longest time I've stuck with one by far). I put it on the TT bike for all of 5 minutes, but I have too much drop and there was just no way it was going to work. I'm on the PN 3.0 now and out of 10 years of noseless ISMs its the best one yet for TT position for me. For contrast I also ride a Power on the mtb and for me these have all been the winners so far for each discipline.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
teichs42 wrote:
Does nobody ride this!?

I do, but on my road bike. So can't really answer your question.

I think the first place to start is, do you really prefer a saddle with a nose on your Tri/TT bike? Most riders now prefer a noseless saddle. Less soft tissue pressure. These saddles are also shaped differently. Standard road saddles like the Stealth are designed to work well with the "upright" position, supporting the relatively small surface area of the Ischial Tuberosity. By contrast, saddles like the ISMs and Dash Stage are designed to work well with a more aggressive position, supporting the larger (and longer) surface area of the Ischial Ramus.

Compared to other road saddles, the Stealth works very well in an aggressive position. I have them on several bikes. But it's still a road saddle, designed for road position. For the Tri/TT bike, I run and would always use a Tri/TT saddle, designed for a Tri/TT position.

I'm actually interested in trying it on the roadie too. I'm trying to test things away from noseless saddles as I've not had success with about 8 of them. The short amount of time I tried my Specialized Power Arc Pro on the tri bike, I liked it, but I would need to tweak my position. I think the Stealth might work a little bitter since it's a little bit wider on the nose and seems like it can be ridden there, whereas I can't ride the nose on the Power.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
[The short amount of time I tried my Specialized Power Arc Pro on the tri bike, I liked it, but I would need to tweak my position. I think the Stealth might work a little bitter since it's a little bit wider on the nose and seems like it can be ridden there, whereas I can't ride the nose on the Power.

I switched from the Power to the Stealth, as I liked the Stealth a little more, but it wasn't a huge difference. I made the switch as much for the slightly better price and the better integrated mount options.

Based on your experience with the Power Arc Pro, I would guess you will like the Stealth, for the reasons you stated.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
teichs42 wrote:
[The short amount of time I tried my Specialized Power Arc Pro on the tri bike, I liked it, but I would need to tweak my position. I think the Stealth might work a little bitter since it's a little bit wider on the nose and seems like it can be ridden there, whereas I can't ride the nose on the Power.

I switched from the Power to the Stealth, as I liked the Stealth a little more, but it wasn't a huge difference. I made the switch as much for the slightly better price and the better integrated mount options.

Based on your experience with the Power Arc Pro, I would guess you will like the Stealth, for the reasons you stated.

I imagine I'll like it too. I feel a bit differently though...I think the integration on the Power saddle is amazing! The bottle mount is so sleek and puts them in such a nice position. I'm almost reluctant to give that up. Pro Stealth doesn't look like a cage can be mounted, just cameras and other accessories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched from Power 143 (had been using for several years) to Stealth 142 on my road bike in February and I love it. Great when climbing in an upright position, but also great for when I'm in a super low position on the road bike (crits, windy road races). I used the Stealth for a couple TTs as well and really liked it, although the cover on the nose isn't as grippy as I'd prefer. So I switched to a Fabric Tri on the TT bike, and then used a strip of Shoe Goo on each side of the nose to make it more grippy. So far that's been working really well. I'd have probably been happy with some Shoe Goo on the Stealth, but I didn't want to screw up a >$100 saddle (Fabric was only $45).

Width of each of these where I sit on them for TT is in the 50-52mm range, narrower is doable but less comfortable, wider is a non-starter. Next saddle I'm trying (I'm also a fitter so I like to try lots of saddles) is the Pro Aerofuel, you might want to look at that as well for dedicated TT or Tri.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you ride the Pro Stealth on your tri bike? [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vjohn wrote:
I switched from Power 143 (had been using for several years) to Stealth 142 on my road bike in February and I love it. Great when climbing in an upright position, but also great for when I'm in a super low position on the road bike (crits, windy road races). I used the Stealth for a couple TTs as well and really liked it, although the cover on the nose isn't as grippy as I'd prefer. So I switched to a Fabric Tri on the TT bike, and then used a strip of Shoe Goo on each side of the nose to make it more grippy. So far that's been working really well. I'd have probably been happy with some Shoe Goo on the Stealth, but I didn't want to screw up a >$100 saddle (Fabric was only $45).

Width of each of these where I sit on them for TT is in the 50-52mm range, narrower is doable but less comfortable, wider is a non-starter. Next saddle I'm trying (I'm also a fitter so I like to try lots of saddles) is the Pro Aerofuel, you might want to look at that as well for dedicated TT or Tri.

Good to know about cover on the stealth. I don't like it to be too grippy. The cover on the Power Arc is actually quite nice, but I hated to grip on the Fizik Mistica.

The 50mm range is probably right around where I want to be too, maybe a little narrower. The Pro Aerofuel is definitely on my mind and I'm going to try and test that one also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
The 50mm range is probably right around where I want to be too, maybe a little narrower. The Pro Aerofuel is definitely on my mind and I'm going to try and test that one also.

I don't have it in front of me to measure, but the Aerofuel nose is a bit wider than the Stealth nose. If you're looking for slightly narrower, then the Prologo TGale ought to be on your list to try out.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you ride the Pro Stealth on your tri bike? [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vjohn wrote:
teichs42 wrote:

I don't have it in front of me to measure, but the Aerofuel nose is a bit wider than the Stealth nose. If you're looking for slightly narrower, then the Prologo TGale ought to be on your list to try out.

I tried the Tgale and it wasn't for me. Good to know about the Aerofuel though. Thanks!
Quote Reply