Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do you carry a spare tire on a 70.3?
Quote | Reply
Im about to do my first and i was reading the race guide and it was listed i think in the checklist

I carry a tube and co2 and a pump but not a tire currently.

What should i carry?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you carry a spare tire on a 70.3? [Jacksyee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I carry a can of vittoria pit stop or equivalent, gas and sealant in one hit. If that doesn't work then it's race over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. If it's an A race then I'll make sure I'm running pretty new tires, but I've never carried a spare tire in any race or in training for that matter. I do carry a spare tube and some patches. In 20+ years and >100,000 miles of riding I've never had a puncture so bad I couldn't patch the tube and tire enough to get home. And I figure the chances of it happening in a race are pretty remote when I'm on newish tires and the roads are normally fairly clean of any debris.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jacksyee wrote:
Im about to do my first and i was reading the race guide and it was listed i think in the checklist

I carry a tube and co2 and a pump but not a tire currently.

What should i carry?

I carry a spare tyre + 2 x C02, but I'm racing tubs. When racing clinchers, 2 tubes, 2 C02, no tyre.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you carry a spare tire on a 70.3? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. Yeah I have latex clinchers - so I’ll get new tires and use them a few times and carry two tubes and tools.

Appreciate the answers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I carry a spare tire over all distances. I mostly blame craft IPA and chocolate, and it just gets harder and harder once you've passed 40.

Oh, that's not what you meant..
Quote Reply